All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. totdprods

Kole Calhoun 2.0 and 2020

Not necessarily. I understand we'll have some raises and such, but...this is where the beauty of having a farm comes in. If the Angels retain cut Harvey ($11m), Cahill ($9m), Allen ($8.5m), Tropeano ($1.1m), J.C. Ramirez ($1.9m), Luis Garcia ($1.7m), and Justin Bour ($2.5m) is $35.7m right there. They should be able to replace them with Suarez, Sandoval, Barria, Canning, Madero, waiver claim relievers, and Matt Thaiss/Jared Walsh for league minimum. They could retain Lucroy/Smith or go super cheap on catcher again - I'm fine with Eppler staying cheap here. The offense otherwise is good, and he's good at finding decent catchers for cheap. If Gerrit Cole is going to cost more than $35.7m a year, I'm definitely not interested. I'd go as high as $30m AAV or so. And that should be good if he wants to play for his favorite team growing up. If it's not, the Angels still have $30m to drop between Bumgarner, Ryu, Wheeler, Odorizzi, Porcello, Perez, Pineda, Wood, Wacha, Roark, Nova, Miley, Gio, etc.
  3. I have two tickets for the Friday night game IN Seattle (19th). Section 323, row 1, seats 11 & 12. Just looking to get back what I paid for them. Thanks!
  4. rafibomb

Mike Trout to Undergo MRI Tomorrow

Bo Way was sent to Triple-A. Hermosillo maybe to the majors due to Trout missing the next couple games ?
  5. totdprods

Kole Calhoun trade value

Thank you. I've always wondered this same thing. There's no indication Upton playing 1B is even the slightest bit feasible. Every pro inning has been in the outfield, and while he isn't the best defensively, he's still one of the better players in the game and a move to 1B should not be expected. It's not totally unrealistic, but I don't think it happens...maybe occasionally in his final year, 2022, when Marsh and Adell both will have gotten more than enough reps to earn a job. Also, Marsh could be prime trade bait. I imagine it plays out like this...and I'm continuing with my theory in the Kole Calhoun 2.0 thread that the Angels hold onto him for next year. '19: Upton, Trout, Calhoun - Adell stays in AAA. '20: Upton, Trout, Calhoun, with Adell and Marsh playing together in AAA serving as emergency depth, Adell does get some playing time. '21: Upton, Trout, Adell, with Marsh now serving as the AAA emergency reserve. '22: Upton, Trout, Adell, with Upton playing DH when Ohtani isn't, and Marsh perhaps the regular 4th OF/Upton-platoon '23: Marsh, Trout, Adell (maybe Trout moves to a corner by now) Adell doesn't need to be added to the 40-man for Rule 5 protection until after the 2021 season - he'll be in the majors before then, but it's another reason why the Angels have incentive to hold him in the minors until next season. Marsh however does need to be added end of 2020 to avoid protection - he's a year ahead Adell in that sense. I think it'd be good for both guys to get a rapport together as well, and it would be good for the Angels to have high-impact depth at the ready in SLC if they truly intend to compete 2020. Having Kole in the mix still does not hurt our chances for contending anymore than adding Adell does, unless we really need another $14m on top of the $30m we have to spend already.
  6. Jason

Trumped

In office? Not any that are in the spotlight like them.
  7. Jason

Trumped

I haven't but i hope they get drunk and make out
  8. calscuf

Trumped

Stop me if you’ve heard this one fellas: An old white nerd and a self-hating Mexican guy walk into a bar...
  9. yk9001

2019 WSOP Final Table

I like Moneymaker. But he is inventing some neckfat wrinkles I've never seen before.
  10. Episode one, Season One, starting yours truly. ACTION!!!
  11. yk9001

2019 WSOP Final Table

There is no evidence that he cried this year when he got out.
  12. What if there is no way to verify that they are a real family? https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/for-central-americans-children-open-a-path-to-the-us--and-bring-a-discount/2018/11/19/baf3b092-e6ce-11e8-bbdb-72fdbf9d4fed_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.82dd666fe71c
  13. As RBM alluded to, wouldn't it be unusual though to trade two guys caught between rookie ball and A ball? Aren't trades usually involving A+ level and above players?
  14. totdprods

Kole Calhoun trade value

A couple deals last year strike me as three comparables with a little bit of differentiation. Cincinnati traded Adam Duvall to Atlanta for Preston Tucker, Lucas Sims, and Matt Wisler - basically a trio of failing former top prospects who were in quad-A status. Just a bunch of lotto tickets. Arizona acquiring pending FA Eduardo Escobar from Minnesota for Arizona's #11 and #19 - comparable to Leonardo Rivas, Aaron Hernandez, and Torii Hunter, Jr. (an unranked older player doing well against younger comp)
  15. totdprods

Schedule after trade deadline

FWIW, the Angels are 26-18 since May 25th, .591%, a 96-win pace. I know, since Opening Day thy're 48-46, .511, and 83-win pace. Agreed that if they keep up momentum between now and the deadline, there's a good chance they buy. Emotions shouldn't drive the team direction, but I think Eppler knows the players will be watching and a deadline passing without reinforcements runs minor risk - and we're probably buyers this winter/next year anyways.
  16. Angel Oracle

Kole Calhoun trade value

He will have to do so anyway, once both Adell and Marsh are ready. I'd give him instructions to work on 1B defense in the off-season, and play him extensively at 1B in ST games.
  17. Dtwncbad

Kole Calhoun trade value

In a nutshell, if Cleveland is going to make a run, they would rather have Bauer to make that run than Calhoun. So would the Angels.
  18. Tank

Kole Calhoun trade value

I’m wondering if Upton has ever played first, has any interest in playing first, or if the team has any interest in having him play first. Its not the most demanding position on the field, but to take a career-long outfielder and just expect him to be suddenly capable of being a solid infielder has very few precedents.
  19. Angel Oracle

Kole Calhoun 2.0 and 2020

If Pujols is ready to accept very limited time at 1B (at most once a week) and DH (when Ohtani isn't DHing), then Calhoun could stay in 2020 until Marsh is ready. April 2020 through sometime in July 2020: Adell/Trout/Calhoun, with Upton at 1B After that: Adell/Trout/Marsh, with Upton at 1B and Calhoun traded One downer to keeping Calhoun in 2020 is possibly not being able to sign Gerrit Cole, if Arte is determined to not go over budget for even just a year or two until Pujols comes off of active players payroll.
  20. Good cat names: asshole anusface shitbag lucifer (no, not Lucifur, that’s really stupid and lame) satan sonofabitch bagofshit Scourge of the earth Good dog (a cat with a complex is awesome) shitinabox menace to society try stealing my breath in the night you bastard cats taste like chicken My family has 2 cats, we used to have three until cancer killed a 19 year old cat, they rule. Don’t have to take the for walks, don’t have to give them attention, they don’t slobber in your shoes, and if you need to bail for the weekend drop them some extra dry food and they’ll be just fine. Plus they can eliminate pets incursions like rodents or in my case a lizard invasion of my garage.
  21. Second Base

Kole Calhoun trade value

Should Upton move to 1B? Yeah. Will he in 2020? No. Albert plays, no matter who writes the lineup.
  22. Angel Oracle

Kole Calhoun trade value

This one has been talked about, and is something to consider as Pujols turns 40 in 2020. How many games at 1B can a 40 year-old Pujols with aging legs be counted on to play? Marsh is likely a year away, and thus if he's ready by July 2020, then Calhoun could be dealt since he would only be owed about $5-6 million. Down side is that keeping Calhoun in 2020 might make signing a major FA like Gerrit Cole a moot point.
  23. ScruffytheJanitor

How various Angels will look when they're old men

I was genuinely expecting to see a Pujols Pic from high school.
  1. Load more activity