CHP Officer arrests firefighter

23 replies to this topic

#1 Chimi

Chimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2394 posts

I guess it could have been worse.  The CHP Officer could have just shot him for not listening.

http://www.utsandieg...cuffed-freeway/

#2 Splint7438

Splint7438

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationCorona CA
Unfortunate. It is the Law enforcements job to secure the accident sight. I know there are rivalrys between FD and PD traditionally. Perhaps there was a history. If he wasn't arrested and there was no prevention of medical care, I say no harm no foul. They can work it out at the annual FD vs PD football game for charity.
Cancer has taken so much from so many. May we all live to see it eradicated. I miss you mom. I miss you Paul.

#3 JAHV76

JAHV76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4231 posts
Randolph Mantooth > Erik Estrada
  • Tank likes this

#4 Splint7438

Splint7438

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationCorona CA
Johnny Gage is way better than ponch.
  • Tank likes this
Cancer has taken so much from so many. May we all live to see it eradicated. I miss you mom. I miss you Paul.

#5 HaloMagic

HaloMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2810 posts
He was handcuffed, not arrested.

#6 calscuf

calscuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4938 posts
Imagine how tiny that cop's dick is.
I have a wiener

#7 Chimi

Chimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2394 posts

He was handcuffed, not arrested.

When you're detained by a Police Officer and you're not free to go, you're under arrest.  Whether that be getting pulled over for speeding or being cuffed and placed in the back of a Police car for 30 min like the firefighter was.  You think the Officer put him in the back of the car because he needed a timeout?

#8 arch stanton

arch stanton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5407 posts
  • LocationThe Sandbox
It's not like cops and firefighters work together enough to establish any rapport or basic procedures. This is inevitable.

#9 Taylor

Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4551 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Firefighters are immune to the law.

#10 HaloMagic

HaloMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2810 posts

When you're detained by a Police Officer and you're not free to go, you're under arrest. Whether that be getting pulled over for speeding or being cuffed and placed in the back of a Police car for 30 min like the firefighter was. You think the Officer put him in the back of the car because he needed a timeout?

A handcuffing is a detention. A detention is not an arrest. In some dictionary definitions, yes. But not according to the legal definition of the terms. They are not the same. A police officer may place an individual in handcuffs following a robbery for his safety while he ascertains what transpired and whether or not the person he detained is the suspect or not. During this time the individual is not under arrest. He is just temporarily restricted from leaving the scene.

#11 Angels N Skins

Angels N Skins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10679 posts
  • LocationApple Valley, Ca

HM is right about it being a detention. AAA with a badge

Edited by Angels N Skins, 05 February 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#12 TobiasFunke

TobiasFunke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10086 posts
  • LocationStraight Outta Locash

When you're detained by a Police Officer and you're not free to go, you're under arrest.

You couldn't be more wrong

Etsy Jewelry Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/heartsouljewelryshop

Record Swap List: http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=303

Schildog
Posted Today, 03:50 PM

come on you spurs

#13 HaloMagic

HaloMagic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2810 posts
He goes on to say:

Whether that be getting pulled over for speeding...

WTF? We've all been arrested, I guess.

#14 notti

notti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16506 posts
I think the real determination if you were arrested is if you got a bologna sandwich or a reheated burrito.

BTW although the CHP has jurisdiction on the highway they were late to the scene and the officer was interrupting rescue services in progress. Much as I hate being stuck in these traffic jams and wish they would open a lane I think the officer over stepped his authority by forcing a non issue. The truck being moved could wait.

#15 LBHalos17

LBHalos17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1987 posts
  • LocationEither side of the batters-box..

The lovely 9th Circuit Justices go back-and-forth over their own rulings seemingly every year on what constitutes "arrest."  But at its most basic, you are arrested at detention (depending on circumstances).  Refusal to sign a traffic ticket will sometimes get you booked for resisting/interfering.  Generally, arrest is defined by the mindset of the detainee.  But, we detain people in handcuffs during investigations as well.

Anyway, that was a dick-move by the CHP guy.  I'd bet there's some underlying issues out there between the two Departments.  I was a Lifeguard/EMT before I was a copper and my best friend is a Medic for Cal-Fire, so I just try to follow the Golden Rule.

We settle our scores on the ice much like FDNY/PD, tho we haven't been challenged by Fire in a couple years.

One important thing we've all learned about Fire is that they hate it when cops get "first-water."  8}

#16 Tank

Tank

Steely-eyed missile man

• Moderators
  • 14464 posts
  • LocationGlendale

i would think a police officer has to notify you that you're being arrested. you would then have to be processed. i think you can be detained until they determine they either actually arrest you or let you go.

i would think if you're in handcuffs, then they've probably arrested you and said "you're under arrest."

Colon actually marks for an exclamation point.

#17 TobiasFunke

TobiasFunke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10086 posts
  • LocationStraight Outta Locash

i would think a police officer has to notify you that you're being arrested. you would then have to be processed. i think you can be detained until they determine they either actually arrest you or let you go.

This, I believe cops handcuff people all the time saying, "you're not under arrest, you're just being detained."

LBHalos, sound about right?

Etsy Jewelry Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/heartsouljewelryshop

Record Swap List: http://howsyouredge.com/swap/display.php?page=303

Schildog
Posted Today, 03:50 PM

come on you spurs

#18 Adam

Adam

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8408 posts
  • LocationMission Viejo

Payback from when the firefighter beat him in a sandrail race in Glamis for a case of coors light

• Cory, yk9001 and LBHalos17 like this

#19 Adam

Adam

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8408 posts
  • LocationMission Viejo

or pension envy

• LBHalos17 likes this

#20 Adam

Adam

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 8408 posts
  • LocationMission Viejo

I thought the Chippies were the coolest of the bunch. I've been pulled over by the CHP a few times. Off with a warning and a "have a great day" each time. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Toggle shoutbox Voice Your Praise & Frustrations Here! Open the Shoutbox in a popup

AngelsWin.com introduces, Shoutbox A real-time feed for you to voice your in-game praises, frustrations or postgame rants.
@  Angels#1Fan : (02 May 2016 - 02:37 PM) @Chuckster70..on the old board I used to say the guy wasn't even a good troll. lol
@  Chuckster70 : (02 May 2016 - 01:56 PM) Agree @nate
@  nate : (02 May 2016 - 06:36 AM) Mike Drought is the dumbest troll nickname I have ever heard
@  Ace_Richards : (02 May 2016 - 12:40 AM) An Irishman knocked on the widow's doors and asked if she had any work for him. She thought for a moment and said." well I guess you can paint the porch". She went back inside and he began to work. A couple of hours went by and again he knocked on the door and said I'm finished and by the way that's not a Porsche it's a BMW.
@  Chuckster70 : (01 May 2016 - 01:37 PM) #Banned
@  Chuckster70 : (01 May 2016 - 01:36 PM) Trolling too hard. See ya!
@  swinghard : (01 May 2016 - 01:25 PM) All-Star chokers of Anaheim: #1: Mike Drought #2: Turkey-Neck Richards #3: Albert Pooholes
@  swinghard : (30 April 2016 - 09:29 PM) In regards to the catcher's position, I say play Sotto everyday and let Perez be the platoon guy. We all know who the better hitter is. Sosh and his mindless "Mathis is better than Napoli" mind games continue to this day. We all know who the "Mathis" character is in today's roster--hint: It's Perez!
@  swinghard : (30 April 2016 - 09:26 PM) Frustration #1: MS Continues to mismanage team. Example: The Catchers position. Why is the better hitting catcher playing only 1 game/week? Sotto is clearly a better athtlete and a better hitter than Perez. Yet Scioscia continues his pattern of Loyalty to players with no punch in their bat. It's the same logic Sosh used to squeez Napoli out of the organization, and he continues to use the same faulty decision making to put together the lineup's today. Why is Jony G hitting 2nd in front of Trout? Why does the team have a different lineup everyday? Sosh is the #1 misguided manager in MLB. This is why the Angels continue to be a weak offensive team year in and year out.
@  AngelsLakersFan : (30 April 2016 - 06:41 PM) Swingtard
@  Ace_Richards : (30 April 2016 - 08:20 AM) @Angel#1Fan I know what you did there. LOL
@  Angels#1Fan : (29 April 2016 - 02:33 PM) @swinghard Do you root for the Tigers, live in Alaska and make a 6 figure income?
@  swinghard : (28 April 2016 - 07:44 PM) @Chuckster70 Futhermore I don't think Trout's first 10 seasons will be as good as Pujols first 10. Pujols was a killer in his prime. Trout is a daisy.
@  swinghard : (28 April 2016 - 07:42 PM) @Chuckster70 No, he phoned it in. He was swinging no matter what. That's called phoning it in. He didn't care about the pitch. If you reply the video he's started swinging as the ball is released that's what makes it obvious. Face it Trout doesn't have the Killer Instinct to really be a feared player. Respected yes. Feared? Not so much.
@  Chuckster70 : (28 April 2016 - 09:34 AM) He struck out on a good slider with two strikes. He didn't give away his last at bat. One more idiotic post like your rant below and you're outta here. #Troll
@  swinghard : (27 April 2016 - 10:15 PM) Today the team was winning in the bottom of the 8th, so Trout decides he'll give away his last at bat, denying Pujols a chance to drive in some extra runs. Just because the team is winning is not an excuse to give away an at-bat, I don't care if the team is winning by 10 runs, you still play the game right. He swung at a 2-1 pitch 1 foot outside like I a guy that was ready to go home. If he takes that obvious ball it's 3-1 then he either gets a fastball to hit or walks, and either way, wouldn't it be nice to see Pujols get a chance to hit a bomb, give the fans another great memory? Instead the last memory of Trout in the game is him striking out looking like a fool. He got lucky with a home run earlier, but that's no excuse to phone it in just because you want to go home. If he was as good as Bryce Harper, he wouldn't be satisfied with a 1-4 game, he would actually try to get a 2nd home run or give Pujols a chance to pile it on. Trout just doesn't have the killer instinct it takes to be a world champion. He carried the same attitude into the postseason in his so called "MVP" season when he refused to take his bat off his shoulders when the team needed him most. He'll never be as good as Barry Bonds, and I don't think he has the same drive to be the best that Bryce Harper does.
@  Chuckster70 : (25 April 2016 - 09:35 AM) Glen's recap of last week. He's expecting PAIN this week, so pucker up Angels fans. http://www.angelswin...early”-edition/
@  JeanneusP : (25 April 2016 - 06:39 AM) Royals Up Next! This is goin' to be UUuuuugly!
@  Billy_Ball : (25 April 2016 - 01:24 AM) I like jellybeans, but I hate Gummybears.
@  cezero : (21 April 2016 - 06:00 PM) Harper has proven he can play really well for a season. It's idiotic to claim you'd build a team around him over Trout at this point in time. Another consistently amazing year from Harper would make this a different conversation.
@  VariousCrap : (21 April 2016 - 02:41 PM) Harper is as awesome as Trout.  You haters are idiots.
@  hangin n wangin : (21 April 2016 - 08:37 AM) I would take Trout too. But I wouldn't call someone who wants to take Harper an idiot.
@  Chuckster70 : (20 April 2016 - 10:04 AM) While Harper is better than Trout out of the gate, and a little better last season, I'd still pick Trout over Harper today if I had to build a team around one player.
@  cezero : (14 April 2016 - 06:58 PM) some idiot on MLB Network just said he'd build a team around Harper over Trout.
@  Chuckster70 : (13 April 2016 - 09:05 AM) The top six foods that make your fart are beans, corn, bell peppers, cauliflower, cabbage and milk!
@  daygloman : (11 April 2016 - 06:11 PM) http://numbertwoguid...poop-calculator
@  Ace_Richards : (11 April 2016 - 03:02 PM) And Yeah I'm well beyond 50. The ones with tattoos today that they're so proud of, may regret them when they reach my age, and their tats are a foot lower than they were meant to be.
@  Ace_Richards : (11 April 2016 - 02:52 PM) Beards are OK I suppose, It's just not my thing. As far as tattoos go they're just disfiguring. I really like the look of skin on a woman.
@  m0nkey : (11 April 2016 - 02:24 PM) How many times will the average person poop in a year?
@  Wallerrrr : (10 April 2016 - 01:58 PM) On average, a man’s beard will grow 5.5 inches per year.
@  daygloman : (08 April 2016 - 03:21 PM) I am! I've got, and HAVE BOTH! Well, a beard occasionally! But it's white when I grow it out!
@  Kody Mac : (08 April 2016 - 10:51 AM) What's wrong with beards and tattoos? Are you 50 or older?
@  Ace_Richards : (06 April 2016 - 11:37 AM) I'll be happy when the fad in baseball of the huge beards, and full body tattoos fade into history.
@  Kody Mac : (05 April 2016 - 05:12 AM) Random fact: The last British flag was lowered on Nov 25, 1783.
@  Kody Mac : (05 April 2016 - 05:11 AM) Sooooo.... that was fun
@  Kody Mac : (04 April 2016 - 07:40 PM) I'm drunk
@  Kody Mac : (04 April 2016 - 07:40 PM) Or when people try and talk to you while you're doing your business.
@  Kody Mac : (04 April 2016 - 07:40 PM) I hate it when there's 4 stalls open at work and someone just has to poop in the one right next to me.
@  Chuckster70 : (03 April 2016 - 09:53 PM) Watch the promo video of the song about Mike Trout "A Fish like This" https://youtu.be/NCTW1xyFsfc
@  daygloman : (31 March 2016 - 06:08 PM) Heh!~ Chuck! Go Halos!
@  Chuckster70 : (30 March 2016 - 11:41 AM) THERE ARE 18 MINUTES OF TOTAL ACTION IN A BASEBALL GAME.
@  Homebrewer : (29 March 2016 - 11:49 AM) But the smell of poop makes me need to read. Go figure.
@  Wallerrrr : (26 March 2016 - 10:39 AM) The smell of books makes some people need to poop. The Mariko Aoki phenomenon consists of the urge to defecate while visiting a bookstore. Originating in Japan, it is named after the woman who first publicized such an urge.
@  Chuckster70 : (25 March 2016 - 11:52 AM) In 2002 alone, more people in the U.S. were killed by dogs than in shark attacks in the past 100 years.
@  Wallerrrr : (24 March 2016 - 05:45 PM) There are 4 bags of astronaut poop left on the moon from Neil Armstorng's Apollo mission
@  hangin n wangin : (24 March 2016 - 02:55 PM) I like these facts. I like them a lot.
@  Chuckster70 : (24 March 2016 - 10:02 AM) If you consistently fart for 6 years & 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb!
@  Wallerrrr : (23 March 2016 - 06:26 PM) There is a town in Newfoundland, Canada called Dildo.
@  Wallerrrr : (23 March 2016 - 06:26 PM) Thats a good one
@  Chuckster70 : (23 March 2016 - 12:36 PM) An average person’s yearly fast food intake will contain 12 pubic hairs.