NJHalo

Game of Thrones

1,711 posts in this topic

Glad it's back but I was a little let down it was only 53 minutes long. Episode went as I figured, mostly a reunion episode. I'm so tired of Euron Greyjoy and Cersei shit though already.

I think Jon doesn't know how to react knowing that he banged someone / loves someone who he is related to. I feel that is weighing on him more than being the rightful king. I don't think he cares about being king.

We'll see in the next episodes. Only 5 left!!!!

Yeah, it was a regrouping episode, but I thought they could have covered it in half the time and went on to bigger and better things. Also yeah on Euron. He should have been the first one plunked in the forehead with an arrow on the ship during the rescue, but I suppose his death will be more dramatic.

32 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

Yeah, it was a regrouping episode, but I thought they could have covered it in half the time and went on to bigger and better things. Also yeah on Euron. He should have been the first one plunked in the forehead with an arrow on the ship during the rescue, but I suppose his death will be more dramatic.

Reminds me of the early season 7 episodes. I really love the slower pace, but ultimately in the middle and latter episodes they ended up cramming multiple seasons of content into the just a few hours. Im sure we will see it here.

10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I thought these episodes were supposed to be longer, no?

I guess the final 4 episodes are all about 80 minutes long.

• Winterfell – 54 mins
  • Episode two – 58 mins
  • Episode three – 82 minutes
  • Episode four – 78 minutes
  • Episode five – 79 minutes
  • Episode six – 79 minutes

55 minutes ago, Tank said:

is GOT available on hulu or apple tv?

not sure about hulu...but on Apple TV you can download the HBO Go or Now apps and then for a fee get access to HBO

After letting it sit with me for awhile, I'm very happy with the opening episode.

(commence spoilers) There are so many call backs to the pilot that it's hard to keep track of them all. In fact the episode is very much a mirror image of it from the kid climbing to get a better view on Jon & Danny's arrival, to the impaled little kid, heck the episode even ends with Jaime and Bran. There is a symmetry here between the present and the past, and while some of it seems intended to highlight character growth over the years, there is a strong element of foreshadowing at play in others. Im thinking specifically of the scene between Danny and Jon following the dragon riding sequence. This is a nearly identical scene to the one with Igrit and Jon in the cave back in season 3 or 4. That was a story of two star-crossed lovers without hope for any possible outcome besides tragedy. It's a nice scene between the two characters but completely ominous in the context presented.

10 hours ago, red321 said:

not sure about hulu...but on Apple TV you can download the HBO Go or Now apps and then for a fee get access to HBO

gonna admit, my interest in paying to watch isn't as strong as my desire to watch it for free.

thanks for the info. i'll see if hulu has it.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

gonna admit, my interest in paying to watch isn't as strong as my desire to watch it for free.

It’s the same with Hulu as the other streaming services. You can choose to add HBO access on Hulu for a monthly fee. Basically, if you’d like to watch it legally, HBO will be getting their cut from you regardless of what platform you choose. There’s no way around that unless you’d like to pirate it. And it is the most pirated program in history I believe.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

cheap bastard

I love action as much as anyone but I live for character.

From a character perspective this was a 10/10. For many of these characters I think this will be the last time we really get to spend with them... particularly those around the fire. In that context it was an emotional episode.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Seeing Arya's tits was weird. She's 22 now, but was under age when the show started.

huge google spike on the search phrase "how old is masie williams" last night

https://twitter.com/toni_goins/status/1120157034954018816/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1120157034954018816&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2F10daily.com.au%2Fentertainment%2Ftv%2Fa190422iaq%2Feveryone-is-googling-arya-starks-age-after-the-recent-game-of-thrones-ep-20190422