NJHalo

Game of Thrones

1,891 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2019 at 2:23 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ive often said that the story has been so rich that there was really no way they could screw the ending up, and I have to say I think that's still true. There is so much to like about this episode, and as many have said the rushed nature of the last season gives us all those little nit picks I think just about everyone has. Generally all the criticisms I think are fair; it could have been better, but once I've lowered my expectations I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the last episode.

It stunk. Really. No imagination at all. 

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

It stunk. Really. No imagination at all. 

Im not gona say it was good, but it was 'fine.' Once again most of the problems I have with it stem from not giving the story enough time to breathe the last two seasons. I think they could've kept everything they shot and fluffed it up with another hour of content and have it play a lot better. 

Sending the unsullied army away to an abandoned Island was really sending them to die quietly. Part of being unsullied was to have been castrated, turned into eunuchs and unable to bear children. So it is now the Isle of the Dickless, soon to be uninhabited again. 

Prior to the final episode, I'd put a lot of thought into how things could end for Danny.  None were positive after what she did to Kings Landing.  The obvious were have Jon or, even better, Arya kill her.  I though Arya taking the face of Greyworm to get close to her and then off her would've been cool but somewhat expected.  An unexpected ending for her that I thought would've been cool, and dramatic, would have been for her to recognize the error in burning the city and killing so many innocents and that she was ultimately no different than the mad king.  She'd recognize that she couldn't rule and should probably be put to death for the action.  She sentences herself to death and stands before Drogon and instructs the dragon to burn her.  There was an opportunity to have the dragon hesitate and show some conflict, but ultimately do as he's told by his mother.  That would've been sweet.

50 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Prior to the final episode, I'd put a lot of thought into how things could end for Danny.  None were positive after what she did to Kings Landing.  The obvious were have Jon or, even better, Arya kill her.  I though Arya taking the face of Greyworm to get close to her and then off her would've been cool but somewhat expected.  An unexpected ending for her that I thought would've been cool, and dramatic, would have been for her to recognize the error in burning the city and killing so many innocents and that she was ultimately no different than the mad king.  She'd recognize that she couldn't rule and should probably be put to death for the action.  She sentences herself to death and stands before Drogon and instructs the dragon to burn her.  There was an opportunity to have the dragon hesitate and show some conflict, but ultimately do as he's told by his mother.  That would've been sweet.

I thought she was incapable of being burned?  Which is why she walked out with the dragons early in the show, season one perhaps?  I could be misremembering.  

Crap, you're right.  Maybe there's a catch.  Certainly there's plenty of other sh!t that you had to suspend reality for , why you gotta go blowing my epic idea Strad!

One of the articles I read since the final episode aired said that was kind of a moment in time thing so to speak and not that she was incapable of being burned but who knows.

With the race to the end the last thing I would have wanted to see is Daeny go from burning the innocent to repenting and taking her own life over the course of two episodes.  Just doesn't sound like a fitting ending given everything that happened.    

8 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

I like the show ending a lot better.... 😕 I do wish there had been a fight between Jon Snow and Grey Worm after though.

When Jon is wrestling with what he should do while talking with Tyrion, the episode references this scene from season one.

It makes me think about what the show has to say about 'love' which I think is rather nuanced. It's not saying that love is stupid or bad, but it paints it as a cross to bare or a pitfall to avoid. Master Aemon, like Jon, chose duty over love, and its something they both wrestled with for the rest of their lives. Robb, Caitlyn, and Rhaegar put love first and lost everything for it.

This is one of the all time best scenes in the series, btw.

8 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Crap, you're right.  Maybe there's a catch.  Certainly there's plenty of other sh!t that you had to suspend reality for , why you gotta go blowing my epic idea Strad!

Your epic idea was like a plastic water bottle on the set. 

42 minutes ago, Schildog said:

Saw that earlier today. Pretty much sums up my feelings on this season.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Blarg said:

Sending the unsullied army away to an abandoned Island was really sending them to die quietly. Part of being unsullied was to have been castrated, turned into eunuchs and unable to bear children. So it is now the Isle of the Dickless, soon to be uninhabited again. 

Eunuchs have dicks.

23 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Prior to the final episode, I'd put a lot of thought into how things could end for Danny.  None were positive after what she did to Kings Landing.  The obvious were have Jon or, even better, Arya kill her.  I though Arya taking the face of Greyworm to get close to her and then off her would've been cool but somewhat expected.  

When was the last time she took another face? There is speculation that she did it to get close enough to the Night King to kill him, but that is just speculation. 

The last one I remember was her taking the face of Walder Frey and killing the Wedding party conspirators. 

That is another storyline that a lot of time went into, and little came out of it.