nate

UFC Thread

512 posts in this topic

Pretty crazy night. I love the th prelims are legit. Solid opening fight to the PPV with Maniwa and Santos to the finale with Holloway vs. Ortega. Great night of fights.

Good night of fights all across the board. The UFC Facebook page seems to be showing clips from the night of pretty much all the main points and I'm waiting for the press conference and see people have posted fights on Youtube before they get removed.

The Garbrandt/Munhoz exchange of them just standing toe to toe clocking each other in the face like mad men was pretty epic and worth a watch on the web.

Damn, some good fights today. ESPN has an article and video of Till getting absolutely starched. Dropped Masvidal in the 1st round, but ate a left that instantly turned out the lights in brutal fashion.

One of the best fights I've ever seen. Both dudes brought it and were both dropped or hurt multiple times. One for the books. I have Adesanya 3 rounds to 2 with some soul snatching  in the 5th for the win.

Definite fight bonus money coming to both. What a fight.

Just now, Brandon said:

One of the best fights I've ever seen. Both dudes brought it and were both dropped or hurt multiple times. One for the books. I have Adesanya 3 rounds to 2 with some soul snatching  in the 5th for the win.

Definite fight bonus money coming to both. What a fight.

Yeah that was pretty Facking insane.

No doubt Gastelum has mad heart. Most men don't survive that onslaught. I still don't know how Adesanya survived that head kick. I thought it was done there.

This fight might be like the last one. Poirier has KO power like Gastelum while Holloway picks dudes apart like Adesanya. The way he beat up a solid Ortega last fight was that of a special fighter.

Welp, looks like they are providing an encore. I have no idea how either standing after the first. Never seen Holloway get hit like this since McGregor many years ago.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Welp, looks like they are providing an encore. I have no idea how either standing after the first. Never seen Holloway get hit like this since McGregor many years ago.

I'd love to see Conor fight either of these two now. I know he's beaten both, but they are both different fighters now .... as is Conor.

I'm worried about Poirer gassing.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

2-1 Poirier?

Not sure. It could be 2-1 either way. Max landing in volume these past 2 rounds.

But I do lean 2-1 Poirer ... he seems to be getting way more tired than Max though.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, it's close. Max has that volume like against Ortega. I have Poirier ahead, but it's close. That knee was nasty.

God I'm just not sure. I think the judges might have it 2-2. I also think Dustin is winning 3-1 and Max needs a stoppage ... but what do I know.