Sign in to follow this  
mulwin444

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

720 posts in this topic

mulwin444    2,010
16 minutes ago, Brandon said:

i'm fine with it because there was no info or hype before the delay. the gta 5 delay was brutal because they already had two trailers out and a bunch of info. so it was kind of gutting.

i don't mind though because they come through with the extra time and there is nothing worse than playing some half-assed game with potential if they would have just taken the extra time to get it right.

Sinclair Networks is the ones that significant work on GTA5 prior to release so RDR2 is in good hands

Thomas    3,027
7 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Per Rockstar, Red Dead Redemption 2 now delayed until Spring 2018...

On 3/27/2017 at 0:25 PM, Thomas said:

When was the last time a Rockstar game came out on time?

Yep

• Like 1

Jason    3,870
On 5/22/2017 at 6:51 PM, mulwin444 said:

Agreed...I'm going to wait and see on Destiny 2

As for RDR2, here's the official word from Sinclair Networks, the 3rd party company working with Rockstar:

"Red Dead Redemption 2 will be delayed until Spring. 

It was not an easy choice to make and ask Rockstar to participate with, but we have more creative ideas we want to add to make this game more spectacular on top of the amazing world Rockstar have already created. Perfection takes time and we have a lot to perfect, get right and some interesting new additions to include."

There's nothing worse than a developer releasing a game early just hit the market at a certain time but then just release an unpolished and garbage game. Good things come to those that wait :) 

AngelsLongBall    1,793

Welp, instead of picking it up for Christmas this year, I guess I'll get a PS4 and RDR2 for my bday in Spring!  I wonder if they'll create a PS4 RDR2 bundle like they did Uncharted4

mulwin444    2,010

Saw the respective EA Play and Microsoft E3 press conferences.  General Impressions - 

EA Play:

- I had no idea EA produced so many sports games I could give a rat's ass about, and that made up 80% of the conference.

- Star Wars Battlefront II looks...a'ight...but I'm not super-hyped about it.  They sold a full priced Star Wars Battlefront game with "ZERO" campaign so hopefully the campaign in this worth "something".

- Brief snippet of BioWare's new IP, "Anthem", was revealed but, really, a preview under minute gave you nothing to go on.

Microsoft's News Conference

- Project Scorpio is "XBox One X"??!  Really?  That's the best the marketing peeps could come up with after all these years.  Some poor kid with a lisp is going to ask for it for Christmas and is going to get an XBox One S instead.

- Price point of $499 is borderline questionable at this point.  The XBox One was priced $499 paired with Kinect when it debuted in Nov '13 and was destroyed sales-wise by Sony's PS4 at $100 less.  The only thing XBox One X has going for it right now is Sony hasn't announced a competitive machine other than the already released Playstation 4 Pro which is priced at $399 but doesn't run at native 4K.  According to XBox reps, the lower priced "S" is comparable as a non-native 4K experience so they recommend that console in lieu of the "X" for those not looking to spend the $499

- XBox is getting a lot of exclusives - 22 by their own count - with Forza looking pretty impressive in a 4K demo, if you are into racing games.  

- "Assassin's Creed Origins" will hopefully do something - anything - different from the past installments as, even though the games can be entertaining at times, the formula is getting stale

- Metro: Exodus looked pretty good in next gen and will be something to pick up if you liked the previous two.

- "Cuphead" looked intriguing with its retro animation style graphics.  I know nothing about it but it peaked my interest.

- "Minecraft" with 4K resolution and cross-platform accessibility - my 10 year old son peed himself with excitement

- "Shadow of War", the sequel to the previous "Middle Earth" game, looks like its expanding the nemesis system from the previous game.  It was fun but not one I'm hotly anticipating.

- "Athem", BioWare's new IP, got an extended showcase at the end of the show and "looks" phenomenal in Frostbite at 4K but, don't know.  BioWare is my favorite developer due to the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series but this one is a different beast as they appear to be adding MP and CO-OP elements to it.  For me, it will all depend on the story and characters...if its a grind-fest I will hard-pass 

beatlesrule    755

$499 is pretty pricey.  You can get Rare Replay and some other goodies for free if you link your mixer account and watch some M$ content before Friday. Sony's conference was pretty cool too.  A lot of trailers and some cool VR stuff that might make me take the plunge soon. I just really hate all those wires.  Nintendo's direct is tomorrow morning 9am. I liked Bethesda's conference too.  Very cool stuff and Skyrim Switch looks intriguing.  

beatlesrule    755
36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Killing Floor 2 is free on PS4 right now.

I'm pretty sure it's only "free" if you have PSN plus.  Life is strange is also "free" for PS4 with PSN plus.  Rare Replay is permanently free for all Xbox One owners.

Brandon    4,894

yeah, you have to to have any online access. i don't normally mess with the free games, but did grab one of the nab games for free.

just picked up uncharted 4 for $20. sweet deal and didn't need to leave the couch.

Thomas    3,027

It's hard to imagine selling the X Box One X (Yes the acronym for the XBox One X is XBOX) for much less than $499 right now considering the components inside it. Having the budget system and the premium system seems as good a strategy hardware wise as you're going to get. If it really can support VR (Occulus?) at that price point then it becomes that much more compelling. Their focus needs to be on the games. The Forza series is certainly a match (and likely more) than the at this point unreliable GT series. The assumed GoW and Halo future games are fine if tired. But they don't have much in the broader appeal games though that Sony does with Naughty Dog and that is killing them with everything else basically being equal, unless MLB the Show is a bigger system mover than what I give it credit for.

beatlesrule    755

Nintendo announced Metroid Prime 4!!!  It's about time geez.  They are showing off Super Mario Odyssey right now.  Looks really cool.

Mr Meeseeks    1,004

I have a pretty high end rig i7 4.0 GHz, GeForce 1060 6gb, 16 gb ram. And the only game I've played over the last year is Overwatch. The game probably tilts me more than anything and yet I keep coming back.

Brandon    4,894

was drunk one night and bought/downloaded final fantasy 7. haven't played this in about 20 years. cool as shit to play again. it has a 3x button too so you can get through the lengthy dialogue parts quicker.

nate    6,558

I have a high end rig as well and... I don't game on it at all anymore except for some occasional Kerbal Space Program.

I got Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD on PS4 and have been playing through the first KH again.  I snickered at this game for a long time before finally playing it the first time because the idea seemed really lame but they are such good games.  Square rarely makes a bad game.

Thomas    3,027

I guess if I was smart I'd sell my GTX 1070 during this bit currency mining boom and reinvest it in a 1080ti.  But that seems like a lot of effort lol

UndertheHalo    1,176
On 7/5/2017 at 8:43 AM, nate said:

I have a high end rig as well and... I don't game on it at all anymore except for some occasional Kerbal Space Program.

I got Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD on PS4 and have been playing through the first KH again.  I snickered at this game for a long time before finally playing it the first time because the idea seemed really lame but they are such good games.  Square rarely makes a bad game.

Glad to hear this.  In my younger days I rejected it seemed "lame" but since they announced it ive been pretty interested.  I'll probably pick it up. I've never heard anything  but good things. 

Also, is anyone gonna be checking out Destiny 2 during the beta on PS4 ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

nate    6,558
11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Glad to hear this.  In my younger days I rejected it seemed "lame" but since they announced it ive been pretty interested.  I'll probably pick it up. I've never heard anything  but good things. 

Also, is anyone gonna be checking out Destiny 2 during the beta on PS4 ?

I will probably get Destiny 2 on PC.  Before I quit wow I traded in all my gold for battle.net currency.  Ended up with nearly $700 so pretty much every Blizzard game will be free for me for a long time.

As for KH, finished the first one and started the second one.  The second one is also very good but the first one is an all timer.  You might consider using a strategy guide though, there is so much to do and find.

TobiasFunke    2,994

Went full nerd and decided to start reading The Witcher books. Half way through the series now.

• Like 1

Mr Meeseeks    1,004
On 7/18/2017 at 11:53 AM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

90% sure i'll be looking to get my first gaming PC in the next few months

Lol nice username

On 7/18/2017 at 11:37 AM, TobiasFunke said:

Went full nerd and decided to start reading The Witcher books. Half way through the series now.

my nephew's wife loves them. she went to PAX a couple of years ago, and won about $200 or merchandise because she destroyed everybody in a trivia competition. 

she's super excited about the new witcher tv series that's in development. so am i.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

• Like 1

TobiasFunke    2,994
4 hours ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

my nephew's wife loves them. she went to PAX a couple of years ago, and won about $200 or merchandise because she destroyed everybody in a trivia competition. 

she's super excited about the new witcher tv series that's in development. so am i.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

The books have been good. But I was thinking about a week ago that since I believe the first book/short stories there hasn't been one instance where The Witcher actually fights a creature which is strange. Though good books nonetheless. I think the stories and characters are so good and can almost be on par with Game of Thrones. They could make a show just as popular as GoT in my opinion if done correctly.

TobiasFunke    2,994
1 hour ago, red321 said:

See there is a series, and collection of short stories. What would you start with?

This is technically how you're supposed to read the stories:

• The Last Wish (short story collection)
  • Sword of Destiny (short story collection)
  • Blood of Elves (beginning of novels)
  • Time of Contempt
  • Baptism of Fire
  • The Tower of Swallows
  • Lady of the Lake

Jason    3,870
53 minutes ago, nate said:

Finally got an Oculus Rift.  Pretty awesome experience so far.

Do they have a decent library of games for it?

nate    6,558

Yeah there are more than I expected.  They range in price from $5 to the usual $60.  Most of them seem to be in the $20-$40 range.  So far I have just played the games that came with it and Google Earth which is amazing.

• Like 1