Sign in to follow this  
mulwin444

Video Game Reviews: What Are You Playing?

918 posts in this topic

Downloaded the "Anthem" demo - you get VIP access from Jan 25-27th if you pre-ordered - so stoked to try a bit more of the game.

The all-access demo with available Feb 1st-3rd...you just an XBox Live Gold, Playstation Plus or Origin account on PC to give it a shot

On 1/28/2019 at 7:21 AM, mulwin444 said:

Played about 15 hrs in the "Anthem" demo from late Friday through late Sunday and it was pretty impressive.

They are going to have the all access Demo this next weekend for those interested.  Game releases Feb 22nd.

I heard they had a lot of trouble last weekend.  Good you got to check it out for that long.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I heard they had a lot of trouble last weekend.  Good you got to check out it for that long.  

Yeah, there was a few issues that limited access that was unrelated to server capacity.  Hopefully, they've got it sorted out today as I will be going to play some more this weekend.

Just now, Blarg said:

Fallout 76 has serve problems daily.

Yeah, I bought it for my son and I but we've held off until they get their ish together.  The latest patch they implemented apparently added back IN bugs that were previously resolved with an earlier patch.  I know Bethesda's "charm" is releasing immersive but bugged to hell games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim but this is ridiculous.

Alternatively, I've been able to play the "Anthem" demo on both XBox and PS4 today and it seems most of their issues they had last week has been resolved.  Game is fun...

4 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Yeah, I bought it for my son and I but we've held off until they get their ish together.  The latest patch they implemented apparently added back IN bugs that were previously resolved with an earlier patch.  I know Bethesda's "charm" is releasing immersive but bugged to hell games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim but this is ridiculous.

Alternatively, I've been able to play the "Anthem" demo on both XBox and PS4 today and it seems most of their issues they had last week has been resolved.  Game is fun...

Glad to hear it, I’m gonna be checking it out this evening. 

So I’ve put some hours into Anthem.  I do like it quite a lot.  It’s definitley got some issues to work through.  I’ve had several crash outs, and a very bizarre video error with dark colors (PS4 Pro) that seems to have resolved.  Anyway, flying around in the Javelin is cool.  I wish that they had given a bit more guidance on how to play.  It’s not super intuitive and it took me a while to feel like I had any kind of grasp on what’s going on.  A big light bulb for me was understanding that you really need to use the R1 attack (the recharging javelin attack) almost more then your actual guns.  The grenades also need to be spammed if you want to be effective.  Heavy use of melee attack as well.  The game is big on combo attacks.  The dash button is also key.  So, ya it’s definitley not like a normal 3rd person shooter in terms of feel.  I guess it feels sort of similar to the Mass Effect games.  Sort of.  Seems like there’s tons of customization which is cool.  Definitley a game you want to play with a squad of friends. I’ll most likely pick it up. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 2/2/2019 at 11:59 PM, UndertheHalo said:

So I’ve put some hours into Anthem.  I do like it quite a lot.  It’s definitley got some issues to work through.  I’ve had several crash outs, and a very bizarre video error with dark colors (PS4 Pro) that seems to have resolved.  Anyway, flying around in the Javelin is cool.  I wish that they had given a bit more guidance on how to play.  It’s not super intuitive and it took me a while to feel like I had any kind of grasp on what’s going on.  A big light bulb for me was understanding that you really need to use the R1 attack (the recharging javelin attack) almost more then your actual guns.  The grenades also need to be spammed if you want to be effective.  Heavy use of melee attack as well.  The game is big on combo attacks.  The dash button is also key.  So, ya it’s definitley not like a normal 3rd person shooter in terms of feel.  I guess it feels sort of similar to the Mass Effect games.  Sort of.  Seems like there’s tons of customization which is cool.  Definitley a game you want to play with a squad of friends. I’ll most likely pick it up. 

The demo was an intentionally truncated version of an old build of the game (6-8 weeks) that branched off for the demo so a lot of the bells and whistles that will be available at release are missing.  BioWare is playing it close to the vest regarding it's story which is why we started at level 10 and only talked with some minor characters without context.  I just think they wanted to get you in the Javelins as quick as possible to try out world.  So, far I'm leaning heavily towards Interceptor due to the more melee-like abilities with Storm and Ranger a close 2nd/3rd.  The only one I struggled a bit with was the Colossus - didn't quite get the feel of it before the demo ended.

I am picking it up at launch though...

On 2/13/2019 at 12:53 PM, nate said:

Been playing KH3 with the family.  The game is fun but the cut scenes are about three times longer than they should be.

New to Square Enix I take it?

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Longer than FFXV?

Yeah.  Basically, there are kinda 3 story lines.  So each time you get 3 cut scenes, one per story line.  All FF XV style.

So, right now, I'm primarily playing "Anthem" on the XBox One X (gamertag: Mulwin).

For those who haven't picked it up yet but are interested, "Anthem" will be on sale at Gamestop for $40 starting April 14th.

It took about 60hrs to get through to level 30 just doing the main and side missions with all conversations within Fort Tarsis and about 160 hrs total after Freeplay, Strongholds, Quickplay, and Legendary Missions were completed.  Lots of stuff already and there is going to be a bunch of new things added through May's "Cataclysm" event.

It's worth checking out.

I'm still working on Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm in the second part of the epilogue.

Could be my favorite game I've ever played. It's up there with Mass Effect 2.

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, Taylor said:

I'm still working on Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm in the second part of the epilogue.

Could be my favorite game I've ever played. It's up there with Mass Effect 2.

Xbox had RD2 on sale so I got it. Just getting warmed up