Angels_Make_Me_Drink

Random Thoughts Thread

2,648 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Lou said:

so you're going to remove 1/2 a light bulb?

solid plan, chief 

it's probably worth mentioning at this point in time that they leave their roof lights on for the entire year.

I don't even know the first names of my great grandparents, but thanks to the internet and social media, not only will my great great great grandkids know my name, but also how much of a loser I was.  

So my buddy works at Magic Mountain, and invited me to go there for the day.  First, scary ass rides.  I'm getting old.  But surprisingly I did a lot of those rides.  Almost backed out of one though, because it was sketchy.  Second, he was able to get the fastpass, plus a few other passes.  Average wait time for the rides were 2-3 hours.  Yes, I said hours.  Those fastpasses were like gold.  We had 3 auto front of the lines.  And even at the second level, lines were cut by half and really the longest we had to wait was an hour which I spent at the bar.  Rode everything we wanted.  But geeze, the park opens at 10:30.  Closes at 9:30.  So in 11 hours, in theory, people could have ridden only 4 or 5 rides if they stayed in the general poor people lines.  Probably more like 3 rides with all the walking and if they got food and stuf.  We got to the first ride around noon, and left at 7 and rode 7 rides, and canceled a reservation for an 8th ride.  Third, the food lines were almost as bad as the ride lines.  Luckily, there was some kind of holiday food tasting thing.  10 samplers for $40.  My friend got a discount on that even.  But regardless, those samplers were front of the line, so just as golden as the fastpass.  So if you go to Magic Mountain.  Spend the extra and get the passes.  Unless you like standing in line with strangers for hours.

3 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

The whole notion of "karma" is a drape of spirituality over what really is confirmation bias

98% of humans use the term "karma" incorrectly.

5 hours ago, notherhalo said:

my girlfriend is petite sized, XS 5'5", but her brothers are all way bigger than me

If I make a mistake and have a kid with her, will the daughter be small and boy come out a good size?

If you make a mistake and knock her up the brothers are going to pound you into paste. 

9 hours ago, notherhalo said:

my girlfriend is petite sized, XS 5'5", but her brothers are all way bigger than me

If I make a mistake and have a kid with her, will the daughter be small and boy come out a good size?

My ex-wife is 5’1. Our daughter is a 5’5 carbon copy of her mom. No sons to report on

12 hours ago, notherhalo said:

send me a report on one of her eggs and your sperm and i'll see what i can find out.