fan_since79

ISIS delenda est

1,917 posts in this topic

You know who used to to a pretty good job of keeping Jihadists at bay? The Ba'ath Party. And Col Qadaffi. Tito. The Shah. The world could sure use a few ruthless dictators these days.

Yup, these guys are thriving on where there is no ruthless dictator. 

And yet it isn't being reported by the news.  The only time we hear about it is when Christians are executed.  You are just proving my point.

nate, think MT is right here in my opinion.  If "it isn't being reported by the news," proves his point.  Saying Christians are being executed is news gold. Remember, I only give my opinion.

We didn't get involved in Rwanda but did in Somalia and that turned out badly.

To say we only get involved in something that suits our interest or when Christians are involved is not always 100 percent accurate. Not saying it's not ever true. Just not all the time.

I also agree we could use some dictators. Which is why I was surprised we got involved in Egypt and Libya. I thought Obama (who was against the Iraq war for good reasons) would have realized this but then he starts spouting off about getting involved in Syria.

I grew up and realized my views as an 18 year old in 2003 were wrong about the war. I thought people in Washington would do the same. I guess not.

Or maybe because it wasn't Christians being massacred by Muslims.

It is really pathetic though, because there are far worse genocides going on right now that we are completely ignoring but the news and government makes a big deal out of this one.

We Americans never learn.

They were massacring their own faith and Jordanian pilots long before they decided to torch some Christians so let's keep the conversation to this planet not something that only happens in the Universe of liberal excuse making.

And yet it isn't being reported by the news.  The only time we hear about it is when Christians are executed.  You are just proving my point.

There are stories posted every day about Boko Haram killing Muslims that don't prescribe to their radicalized faith. The US is minimally involved because Nigeria has not requested armed help.

Again, you are on planet disconnect.

We also weren't at "war" in Vietnam. It was just a little ol conflict.

Remember folks, wars are declared by Congress. There hasn't been a declared war since WW2.

Harry Truman described the Korean War as a "police action".

Some 36,000 of our 'policemen' were killed in it.

Remember folks, wars are declared by Congress. There hasn't been a declared war since WW2.

That's what baffles me. This government continues to shit on the constitution and nobody cares. Not even the media.

Hell the media is an enabler.

the ONLY time? i don't think that's true at all, nate. the americans who were beheaded (not the girl there with an aid group) had no mention of their faith that i recall. they were killed because they were americans, not Christians, and because ISIS wanted to make a point about us getting out of there.

there are all kinds of conflicts around the world. we pick and choose where to act if it involves an ally or an issue that affects our strategic interests. 

we do not police the entire world, and i think for accuracy's sake we ought to recognize that in this forum.

That's what baffles me. This government continues to shit on the constitution and nobody cares. Not even the media.

Hell the media is an enabler.

The biggest thing is when people shit on the president for not going to war. so frustrating when people don't even mention their anger for congress with this Middle East bullshit. It's like the majority of the public are enabling Obama to make decisions when thr public are constantly screaming, "do something about it Obama!!! Derp derp"

Attorney General Eric Holder, at a National Press Club luncheon...“we're not at a time of war.”

Okay. So the 2,000+ airstrikes are just for show?

I hope you spout this nonsense when a republican takes office.

What are you talking about?  I was referring to when the group of people were isolated on that mountain top.

The Jordanian being burnt alive didn't get any press?  The two Japanese men beheaded didn't make any news?

You are reaching for something that only exists in your mind man.

Just saw that Italy is considering sending 5,000 troops to Libya to fight these maniacs.

They're also getting a lot of refugees from there. Much of Libya used to be Italian North Africa.

Italy should just send their soccer fans and tell them that ISIS is made up of all black guys.