Redondo

Random Links Thread

2,955 posts in this topic

50623492_947707382084542_631283937085646

Woman bitten by 5-foot snake while on the toilet

An Australian woman received quite a shock Tuesday when she was sitting on the toilet and felt some pain which turned out to be a snake bite.

Helen Richards, 59, was at a relative’s home in Brisbane when she was bitten by the five-foot carpet python. Richards detailed the incident after feeling a “sharp tap.”

"I jumped up with my pants down and turned around to see what looked like a longneck turtle receding back into the bowl," Richards told the Courier Mail.

A pooch born with half a spine is just one of 30 dogs in the world living with the condition.

Cooper, a two-year-old American foxhound, lives with short spine syndrome, a genetic condition caused by inbreeding where vertebrae are fused together and compressed.

A pooch born with half a spine is just one of 30 dogs in the world living with the condition.

Cooper, a two-year-old American foxhound, lives with short spine syndrome, a genetic condition caused by inbreeding where vertebrae are fused together and compressed.

The pup was rescued by animal control officers in summer 2017, close to a suspected puppy farm in Halifax, Virginia.

Animal control officers believe that the two-month-old pup was abandoned because of his birth defect.

Cooper was saved by Secondhand Hounds, a shelter in Minnetonka, Minnesota, who treated the neglected dog for ear mites, worms and a hernia.

The brave pooch was eventually adopted by Elly Keegan, 32, and her husband Andy, 33, who live with their dogs Skylar, 13, Waylon, three, and Tuva, four.

Keegan described Cooper as “the happiest dog” even though he struggles with mobility, and cannot walk on hard surfaces.

"The condition means that Cooper has a screwing and corkscrewing of his spine," she explained.

“It is fused in two places - on his neck and on his rear. He looks like he has no neck and to look behind him he has to turn his whole body.”

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/happiest-dog-born-with-unusual-condition-has-only-half-a-spine

Man with unusual last name gets ‘Assman’ license plate request denied

If this sounds like a Seinfeld episode, that's because it was.

A Canadian license plate review committee has rejected a man’s request to personalize his license plate with his real name: “Assman,” because it could be misread and cause offense, according to a report.

Dave Assman, who lives in the Canadian province Saskatchewan, said he’s had his request denied before and doubts whether it’ll ever be granted.

Tyler McMurchy, a spokesman for the SGI, which reviews personalized license plate requests, said the committee must abide by a set of guidelines regardless if a word “is someone’s name and pronounced differently than the offensive version.”

[T]hat’s not something that would be apparent to other motorists who will wee the plate,” McMurchy said.

But the rejection hasn’t deterred Assman from changing his name, which he said is derived from German and pronounced “Oss-men,” CBC reported.

“It’s my last name, I’ve always had it,” he said. “I’m not ashamed of it. There’s nothing bad about it.”

2 hours ago, Keener said:

Poor Mr Assman.

We saw one in the late 90s near Anaheim that said 'Buttram'.  I dont know which is worse.

There was a street called Buttram in the city I grew up in.  Hard to find, because people kept stealing the sign.  Those who lived on the street called it Boo-Tram.  

On 2/8/2019 at 4:26 AM, Redondo said:

Man with unusual last name gets ‘Assman’ license plate request denied

“It’s my last name, I’ve always had it,” he said. “I’m not ashamed of it. There’s nothing bad about it.”

Would've been funny if he said instead, "I've always been an Assman..."