Redondo

Random Links Thread

2,945 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Note to self.  When disposing of a body in the ocean, don't leave the person's shoes on.

it's even weirder that other body parts haven't been found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owner Michael Aquilina known as AquaMike on Instagram has looked after the Albino Pinkbelly Sideneck at home in New Jersey, USA, since being sent her by his friend Gerard. (Credit: Caters News)

Pictures of a rare albino baby turtle have surfaced, exciting onlookers and marine life enthusiasts alike.

However, this tiny reptile, known as Hope, has one big distinction from most other albino turtles – its beating heart is outside of its body.

Hope's owner, Mike Aquilina, said that he looks after the tiny turtle at his home in New Jersey, after getting her from a breeder friend.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/albino-baby-turtle-born-with-heart-outside-its-body


An adorable albino turtle has gone viral as its heart beats out of its chest. Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans. (Credit: Caters News) 

Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 18, 2019 at 5:09 PM, Redondo said:

Owner Michael Aquilina known as AquaMike on Instagram has looked after the Albino Pinkbelly Sideneck at home in New Jersey, USA, since being sent her by his friend Gerard. (Credit: Caters News)

Pictures of a rare albino baby turtle have surfaced, exciting onlookers and marine life enthusiasts alike.

However, this tiny reptile, known as Hope, has one big distinction from most other albino turtles – its beating heart is outside of its body.

Hope's owner, Mike Aquilina, said that he looks after the tiny turtle at his home in New Jersey, after getting her from a breeder friend.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/albino-baby-turtle-born-with-heart-outside-its-body


An adorable albino turtle has gone viral as its heart beats out of its chest. Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans. (Credit: Caters News) 

Tiny Hope has such a rare condition that there isnt a name for it in veterinary medicine and is namedectopia cordis in humans.

 

perv 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billionaire diamond trader dies during penis enhancement operation

A billionaire diamond trader has died during a penis enlargement operation at a posh Parisian clinic, it was reported.

Ehud Arye Laniado died at the age of 65 in the clinic of an unnamed plastic surgeon on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees in the French capital.

According to local media, complications during surgery proved fatal for the Belgian-Israeli dual national and he suffered a heart attack when a substance was injected into his penis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Seeing someone shove needle into your penis is probably cause in itself for a heart attack. 

One would think.

This story appears to be missing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Blarg said:

Seeing someone shove needle into your penis is probably cause in itself for a heart attack. 

that would certainly do it for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
California man pulled over with more than $10G in stolen Disneyland merchandise, cops say
 

California authorities caught a thief who was stealing from the “happiest place on earth.”

California Highway Patrol officers said they recovered more than $10,000 worth of stolen Disneyland merchandise Friday after they pulled over a man who drove past a school bus with its red light flashing and stop sign displayed.

The man, who was not identified, was driving a Nissan Sentra when he was pulled over in Rosamond, police said. The officer discovered not only was the man driving with a suspended license, but he also had a slew of stolen merchandise and drugs on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is your job replaceable by AI?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/03/how-globalization-and-robotics-speed-up-job-losses/

In the jobs of the future, we will be doing what tele-migrants can’t, and we will be doing what AI can’t. So, we ought to think about what they can’t do and focus on building talents in things that they can’t do.

There are jobs where this is going to come faster and sooner and harder, and those are not the jobs you want to be in. But the idea you should move out [of a job] is a good idea, it is a good thought. But when I think about it, it has got more to do with what we should be getting our children to do and train for. We want to make sure that they don’t train for jobs that are very, very quickly going to disappear. But people who have jobs, you’ve got to think about moving into different things, sheltered jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's a good reminder, blarg. our current chapter in us history gives us the chance to talk about jobs/careers and this is a good reminder to share with the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You can almost see teaching in a classroom disappearing in the next few generations. 

maybe at the university level. it would make sense there.

i hope it lasts another 8 years at my level. i'll retire then and society can do whatever they flipping want after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bixby Knolls makes the news

The 0.1-acre commercial lot can be used “for storage, food stand or parking carts, bikes etc.”

 

A 4-foot wide, 90-foot long paved piece of land is currently selling for a whopping $17,995 in the city’s prime Bixby Knolls neighborhood on Long Beach Boulevard.

The approximately 0.01-acre commercial lot can be used “for storage, food stand or parking carts, bikes etc,” according to real estate agent Tova Oren’s listing. Utilities are also available for buyers interested in the small swath of land sandwiched between office buildings and a parking lot for a martial arts center.

Though the pricey property comes with more of a catch than its tiny footprint. As the New York Post reported, nearly 65 feet of the 360 square foot lot is sloped and nearly unusable as far as for building a small structure.

https://www.foxnews.com/real-estate/california-coastal-city-selling-0-0-1-acre-property-for-18g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Redondo said:

Bixby Knolls makes the news

The 0.1-acre commercial lot can be used “for storage, food stand or parking carts, bikes etc.”

 

A 4-foot wide, 90-foot long paved piece of land is currently selling for a whopping $17,995 in the city’s prime Bixby Knolls neighborhood on Long Beach Boulevard.

The approximately 0.01-acre commercial lot can be used “for storage, food stand or parking carts, bikes etc,” according to real estate agent Tova Oren’s listing. Utilities are also available for buyers interested in the small swath of land sandwiched between office buildings and a parking lot for a martial arts center.

Though the pricey property comes with more of a catch than its tiny footprint. As the New York Post reported, nearly 65 feet of the 360 square foot lot is sloped and nearly unusable as far as for building a small structure.

https://www.foxnews.com/real-estate/california-coastal-city-selling-0-0-1-acre-property-for-18g

@fan_since79 should jump all over this!  All he needs is a sleeping bag and he's set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options