Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

And in Crazy Train news.

142 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Lou said:

nowhere?

you've obviously never partied at the Visalia Holiday Inn on a Thursday night.

i was in visalia back in may. you speak absolute truth, brother.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

drove past part of it outside fresno on sunday. looks like an odd section of track just dropped in the middle of nothing. it looks about as natural as sosh turning down a fourth cannoli.

"The rail authority also said the earliest trains could operate on a partial system between San Francisco and Bakersfield would be 2029 — four years later than the previous projection. The full system would not begin operating until 2033."

sigh. Such a grand waste.

On 3/11/2018 at 4:54 PM, Tank said:

"The rail authority also said the earliest trains could operate on a partial system between San Francisco and Bakersfield would be 2029 — four years later than the previous projection. The full system would not begin operating until 2033."

sigh. Such a grand waste.

They can't even get San Jose to Wasco right.  And they think they can do San Jose to San Fransisco, let alone Wasco to Bakersfield?  And lol at getting Bakersfield to Los Angeles in 4 years.  It's taking a decade just to do Western to Westwood, and the Crenshaw line.  

not to mention they still have all of these neighborhoods and schools and malls they're planning to build through. there will likely be several eminent domain claims made (at least i'd think there would be), but you're still looking at years of delays just to acquire all the land they're gonna need.

i'll turn 100 in 2060. if i'm even alive, i doubt this idiotic train will be finished by then.

California high speed rail performance calculations: San Francisco to Los Angeles

The premise hinges on trains operating at higher speeds than virtually all the systems in Asia and Europe; human train operators consistently performing with the precision of a computer model; favorable deals on the use of tracks that the state doesn’t even own; and amicable decisions by federal safety regulators.

The current price tag is $77 billion, up from $33 billion when the project was approved.

Oh, and BTW.  Calolfornia does realize that one of the key components to high speed rail is that the tracks are wider than conventional freight tracks to stabilize the higher speeds right?  This is why high speed rails in other countries are on their own dedicated tracks.  

I predict lots of derailments and collissions in the future of this debacle.

They still haven't figured out how they're going to drill 36 miles of tunnels through mountain ranges near L.A. and how they'll make it safe in the event of an earthquake.

The latest I've seen is a $98 billion projected cost and a 2033 operational date.

Why???