Chuckster70

Good for Dipoto

104 posts in this topic

You are clearly clueless when it comes to sports. I am not saying he shouldn't quit. I am saying you don't quit in the middle of the season. I am sorry your experience in fantasy league fails to let you understand that concept.

Why are you such a pompous asshole? Is that just your schtick?

You wouldn't leave if someone actually pissed all over your work? Lol. What a spineless doormat.

I really liked JD and hate seeing him go. However, I also believe in a certain code and that is not quitting in the middle of a season. I don't have a problem with him telling Moreno to take the job is shove it but you don't do it in the middle of a playoff race. I can not say "good for him". He quit on the team, he quit on the players he brought in, he quit on his personal he brought in, and he leHeft at a crucial time in the season. Sorry I have no respect for that.

As for Scioscia, I am going to hate seeing him go. However, Moreno is really not going to have a choice. A public feud like this leaves only one alternative. Clean house! But that should be done by the end of the season. Sosh will move on, get rehired quickly. He has won and won consistently. He has taken a franchise on the brink of contraction and won a WS and five division titles in 13 years. I believe he has only had three losing seasons. He will be rehired quickly.

JD: he shot himself in the head. He maybe be in the right from a logical stand point but you never quit in the middle of a season. You never leave your team hanging when they need you the most. This will hurt him a great deal in the job market. I hope he learns from it and over comes it.

Well said!

I suspect that these "hostile work environment" theories are greatly exaggerated. 

There's obviously a lot we don't know, but Dipoto did agree to an extension only a few weeks ago–if his workplace was so "hostile," then why did he agree to stay on the team through 2016?

I don't know why you guys think he agreed to an extension "just a few weeks ago."  It was announced a few weeks ago, but it actually happened earlier this year.  See MLBTR article.

I know everyone who went Spring Training fanfests has a heavy heart right now, but in 3 1/2 years the Angels still have a bottom tier farm system, blew their entire International load on one guy, and have little to no depth on the offensive side of things.

glad you brought that up. I cut slack on the offense and farm because its a bunch of factors, not one. But still dont understand the baldoquin signing, in terms of how hard we went after him. Hoping they know hes the real deal, but for right now i dont see it as a smart move.

Scioscia

Bob_Barnes.jpg

Dipoto

6afc88ae423069fe0a2551cf75432427.jpg

Pujols

john-mcginley-platoon1.jpg?w=468&h=309

Aybar the gullible grunt

Bunny-0.jpg

Trout

Sheen_As_Taylor1-1024x679.jpg

i freakin wish i knew how to post pictures.

I go with billy from predator cutting his chest as dipoto before he screamed and resigned. Sosh as the predator, the team right now as the big explosion.

After we traded howie we have no one who could pass for mac or dillon. Joyce would be hawkins though.

Aybar has the predators mouth

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

The sites biggest troll agrees with you, so you got that going for you

I don't agree with him...

My favorite part is how so many of our posters here now are actually former MLB players and scouts.

I've played against you guys in our softball games. You're either nerds or fat guys or both. You're going to have to work harder at making the throw from 2B to 1B to trick me.

I think Dipoto will definitely get another job.  I think he had a lot of great ideas here but he never got to fully implement them due to meddling from Scioscia and Moreno.  An on the surface risky move like Trumbo for Santiago/Skaggs paying off is an example of his forward thinking thought process, and that move was a key one in helping us win the division last year.  Smith and Street were also key in winning us the division last year as were more under the radar moves like dealing Frieri for Jason Grilli.  Look at those bullpen by committee games in the last month or so of 2014, just top to bottom great talent.

While Dipoto made his mistakes (Matt Joyce, David Freese), who knows how the Josh Hamilton contract (Moreno's decision to sign him, and then dump him for nothing) hamstrung him when it came to building the team?  He also clearly had no control over the coaching staff, as I'm guessing he would have liked to have shit canned Scioscia.  I think we would have won the division in 2012 if Scioscia had been fired along with Hatcher around midseason.  There's absolutely no excuse for Scioscia not winning with that team.

He was basically in a no win situation.  Be the yes man for Scioscia and then get fired after 2015 or 2016 as the fall guy like Reagins, or stick to your guns and tell him to **** off.  I respect Dipoto for trying to make the Angels move forward with the times.

Good post Fab. As for as 2012 though, pujols' start didnt helpm the stsrting pitching being shakey and downright bad in the 2cd half made it worse, but most of all the bullpen was wet dog shit. We look back and remember the offense, with monster trout, pujols still very good, trumbos all star year etc etc, but the pitching really let the team down that year. They were this years offense before it was cool.

Good for Dipoto.  He has demonstrated an ability to do the job well.  He has a bright future and should not worry about resigning in midseason because adults live in a world that is more gray than black and white..  This might be the beginning of another Mike Napoli story in a GM version.

I really liked JD and hate seeing him go.  However, I also believe in a certain code and that is not quitting in the middle of a season.  I don't have a problem with him telling Moreno to take the job is shove it but you don't do it in the middle of a playoff race.  I can not say "good for him".  He quit on the team, he quit on the players he brought in, he quit on his personal  he brought in, and he leHeft at a crucial time in the season.  Sorry I have no respect for that.  

As for Scioscia, I am going to hate seeing him go.  However, Moreno is really not going to have a choice.  A public feud like this leaves only one alternative.  Clean house!  But that should be done by the end of the season.  Sosh will move on, get rehired quickly.  He has won and won consistently.  He has taken a franchise on the brink of contraction and won a WS and five division titles in 13 years.  I believe he has only had three losing seasons.  He will be rehired quickly.

JD:  he shot  himself in the head.  He maybe be in the right from a logical stand point but you never quit in the middle of a season.  You never leave your team hanging when they need you the most.  This will hurt him a great deal in the job market.  I hope he learns from it and over comes it.

Nice bump...it's certainly been a year to remember.

All that remains now, is ..how does it all end?

Mariners will win the 2016 WS ... and most here will be happy for Dipoto. Angels will become cellar dwellers and never recover from his loss.

I wish Jerry went to the national league, because I know he is going to flourish who ever he goes too. Seattle got themselves a rock star GM now, one of the best young GMs in baseball, it sucks that he could of still been here,

Edited by seenoevil

There are a lot of good GM's, I'm not buying that we aren't going to get a good one.  And what good would it do to worry about that anyway, if you can't take what we are given then become someone else fan.  Personally I'm a fan of the Angels, and whoever is here at the moment, imperfections and all.  Actually that's why most of you are here, otherwise you would be on Giants.com, or St. Louis.com, or hanging out elsewhere.

Now beat the crap out of the A's tonight.

Edited by tomsred