Sign in to follow this  
fan_since79

Taliban stepping up its game

80 posts in this topic

These stories crack me up. Are we supposed to feel good that we droned some dude halfway across the planet? There's probably thousands of Mullah Mohammed Whateverthefucks waiting to take his place. What a waste of time and money the war on terror is. 

2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

These stories crack me up. Are we supposed to feel good that we droned some dude halfway across the planet? There's probably thousands of Mullah Mohammed Whateverthefucks waiting to take his place. What a waste of time and money the war on terror is. 

BBC News: Taliban in leadership crisis

This is the gist of many of the stories today. The West hasn't a clue about the enemy. You're right, there are thousands waiting to take his place. These people have been doing the same thing for a couple of millenia. They live to fight, to kill, to destroy, and to plunder. Let's get out of there and allow them to kill each other. If they hit us hard in an attack on our soil, then we nuke them. Simple as that.

Well, maybe not pissing off 1 billion Muslims for turning to ash 3.68 million martyrs (population of Kabul) in 3 seconds would be a good start.

Edited by Blarg

We have to have some presence over there for at least some intel gathering. I fear they would have more free time to organize and plan shit.

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

BBC News: Taliban in leadership crisis

This is the gist of many of the stories today. The West hasn't a clue about the enemy. You're right, there are thousands waiting to take his place. These people have been doing the same thing for a couple of millenia. They live to fight, to kill, to destroy, and to plunder. Let's get out of there and allow them to kill each other. If they hit us hard in an attack on our soil, then we nuke them. Simple as that.

Nice.

17 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

We have to have some presence over there for at least some intel gathering. I fear they would have more free time to organize and plan shit.

I'm of the belief that we have probably created more enemies over there than we have killed.

5 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I'm of the belief that we have probably created more enemies over there than we have killed.

I'm sure but removing ourselves isn't going to make them stop hating and wanting to kill us.

Just now, Angels N Skins said:

I'm sure but removing ourselves isn't going to make them stop hating and wanting to kill us.

Meh. They would turn to killing each other like back in the good ole days.

5 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Meh. They would turn to killing each other like back in the good ole days.

as long as they're not killing us, i won't complain.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Taliban attacks kill dozens of soldiers and police even as peace talks go on.

Watch. They will sweep in and take over the country as soon as we're gone, peace treaties be damned.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/691537070/taliban-attack-kills-at-least-26-soldiers-and-police-even-as-peace-talks-continu

Im not defending the Taliban but to be objective.  The US has not stopped it’s operations during the talks.  So I’m not sure why we’d expect that the Taliban would stop its attacks.