nate

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

4,626 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

ick, not a good look for sure.

Having said that, 17 years ago is a long time, and he was an 18 year old kid. I'm 99% sure he would denounce this article and mean it. A lot of Americans were very angry at the middle east at the time. It was not a good time for the country.

Oh, here you go. He even made a list of the dumbest stuff he's ever done and it's right in there.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33362/so-heres-giant-list-all-dumb-stuff-ive-ever-done-ben-shapiro

The "Enemy Civilian Casualties" Column. In this column, written when I was 18, I suggested that civilian casualties in war were of no concern. While the larger point of the piece -- that we must calculate the risk to American service members when we design rules of engagement -- is partially correct, the piece is expressed in the worst possible way, and simplifies the issue beyond the bounds of morality (particularly by doubting the civilian status of some civilians). It's just a bad piece, plain and simple, and something I wish I'd never written. It's also good evidence that a lot of the stuff you think is smart at 18 is just you being an idiot at 18.

Ya that doesn’t work for me.  He’s continued to spew similar extremely islamaphobic rhetoric unapologetically.  People are dumb for sure when they’re 18.  So often times I’d be willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt. But he seems to still have the same warped view generally even if he’s graduated from literally supporting the murder of civilians. 

Also, let’s not pretend that he was some mindless child.  Both he and his father have been in the right wing grift game a long time.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

I was 16 on 9/11 and wasn’t for civilian casualties. Dead terrorists, absolutely. So the age and time don’t matter, to me at least.

Having said that, props to Ben for admitting it was an idiotic thing to think and voice. We all evolve on how we view the world but something we see of lack of is genuinely admitting our mistakes and apologizing while trying to actually change.

What evidence is there that he’s back pedaled at all.  Congrats Ben ! You took half a step back from your most absolutely toxic take.   All these fuc*king people (alt right talking heads) are out there denouncing this stuff.  Everything lives forever on the internet.  It takes basically  no effort to see what their takes are.  The disgusting shit they spread.  They’re all full of shit.  Their crocodile tears are worthless. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya, Trump spent the entire morning whining about how unfairly he’s treated.  I wonder what his tweets would have loooked like if it was a Muslim attacker.  Who knows !  

Anyway, it sure is nice that he shared those genuine and sincere sympathies. 

So you give him sarcastic crap when he expresses sympathy, and you’d probably give him crap if he remained silent.

good work, mang.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

So you give him sarcastic crap when he expresses sympathy, and you’d probably give him crap if he remained silent.

good work, mang.

Oh give me a fuc*king break.  I don’t owe that clown any respect.  I’ve seen all the shit he says.  All the pandering to fuc*king racists.  These people go out do their attacks and reference Trump.  Save the BS Tank.  

You know what he should say.  He should say that he denounces white nationalism.  He won’t say that because he is a white nationalist.  He’s never going to say it.  Recall the “very fine people on both sides” comment. His comments to the press this afternoon (hours after this bullshit generic “thoughts and prayers” tweet) was that he doesn’t believe white supremacist radicals are a problem.  

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh give me a fuc*king break.  I don’t owe that clown any respect.  I’ve seen all the shit he says.  All the pandering to fuc*king racists.  These people go out do their attacks and reference Trump.  Save the BS Tank.  

You know what he should say.  He should say that he denounces white nationalism.  He won’t say that because he is a white nationalist.  He’s never going to say it.  Recall the “very fine people on both sides” comment. His comments to the press this afternoon (hours after this bullshit generic “thoughts and prayers” tweet) was that he doesn’t believe white supremacist radicals are a problem.  

Stay classy man.  Tank never talks that way to anyone

On 3/15/2019 at 8:48 AM, Thomas said:

The dude's manifesto and livestream literally gave his motivations for the specific methods. He chose this manner and target to generate the highest amount of chaos and discord. Especially in this country as we're the biggest influence globally. You don't get more effective than guns in a Mosque on livestream. He wants severe reactions from both his supporters and even more so from his opposition. Swinging the pendulum ever higher and higher until the whole thing comes falling down. And judging by the comments here and globally, the bastard by killing dozens has gotten his wish. Not only is the administration getting people to follow their call to violence. They are getting those people to use these acts of violence specifically to create the chaos and fear necessary for the administration to achieve their end goals. 

People are predictable