nate

Spin Forum Dumping Bin

4,642 posts in this topic

I would gladly ban alcohol if it meant guns were banned.

We could eliminate cell phones so nobody was killed because of texting and driving.  We could just imprison everyone with mental disease to keep the rest of us safe.  Lots of things we could do.

Would love to watch you tell the parents of the 22 kindergartners that were killed by a mentally ill man that was allowed access to an assault rifle that these are just the risks they endure for a free society.

No right is more important than the one to live.

If the teacher had a gun he might only be telling the parents of 3-4 kindergarteners.

We could sterilize all people at or below the poverty line.  That should help with children dying of malnutrition.  We could force anyone who has had one child to be sterilized so we can stop overpopulation.

I am in favor of banning everything I don't like or use.

video games

twitter/facebook

energy drinks

e-cigs

skinny jeans

Imagine Dragons

Here is the thing.  People can decide not to eat fatty food and be healthy.  They can't decide not to get hit by a wacko driving drunk.

Ban Booze!  

Like that worked in the past, or banning drugs stops people from doing drugs. I know you jest, but really.

Gun control has been very successful in other countries.  Americans hold onto it for some primal reason that I will never understand.

One word: Merica!

People don't decide to get killed by a loser DUI driver either. 

Here is the thing for me.  There are plenty of things we could do to be safer.  I just don't think the freedoms we would give up are worth it.  Being in a free society has its risks.

Kind of like the freedom to choose whether or not to get an abortion?

In the US people can own a redonkulous gun meant for war, have abortions, and I can't legally sports bet or play poker online.  WTF!

You just live in the wrong place, dude. I could place a sports bet or play LIVE poker within the next ten minutes.

I can play live poker with a 40 min drive to Commerce but I'm way too lazy for that. I want to sit on my couch and play a sit n go while watching a preseason football game I have action on. No, I have to settle for the legal gambling that is our current stock market.

Sure, if that is the kind of freedom that is important to you.  Have at it. 

The only thing missing from this post is a supercilious sniff at the end of it. 

Not saying I don't do the same thing, because I do.  

The only thing missing from this post is a supercilious sniff at the end of it. 

Not saying I don't do the same thing, because I do.  

If I could figure out how to do that on the interwebs, I would have.  Good catch Glen.