nate

Angels trade for Andrelton Simmons - Aybar, Newcomb, Ellis & $2.5mm to Braves $*#&

517 posts in this topic

Angelsjunky    3,754
On 11/12/2015 at 2:09 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Bring back Dipoto. 

Booo! 

On 11/12/2015 at 2:11 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Trade your top prospect for a marginal player?!?!?!?

Self-ban for at least a week.

• Like 1

stormngt    1,083
48 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Yeah, I remember watching him in AAA. Big, strong, athletic. Was much faster than he looked. But Kubitza was much like Brandon Wood. He experienced failure and he folded. No confidence.

Honestly, at this point I suspect a great deal of a prospect's success stems from how they react to failure. Most of these guys were the best from wherever they're from. They never failed, and once the face the best in the world, I think they get shaken up when they aren't the best anymore.

Even Trouty experienced failure in his first call up. 

Then it should be good news for Cowart.  He has faced great failure and seems to have turned it around.

arch stanton    5,157

Did you hear what Calhoun just said to Jose? "We have a saying in the outfield, if you want an assist just get the ball to Simmons."

To me, the joy of watching baseball is far more than just what happens in the batters box. Simmons delivers from anywhere on the diamond

• Like 5

Erstad Grit    1,000
On 11/12/2015 at 4:56 PM, Erstad Grit said:

I'm in the minority but I like this deal. Simmons is not just a good SS, he is the best SS in mlb of a 25 year span. This guy will save so many runs, he will become a fan favorite very quickly. It sucks trading pitching prospects but we have seen lots of those flame out. Heaney is the real deal and next year we'd need to get a SS anyway. I like it!

Hahaha I was finally right on one!

• Like 5

bloodbrother    5,454

I was sporting an Espinosa like BA throughout most of this thread but then I came in clutch with a bloop single by posting that I liked getting Simmons but was hesitant on the price paid. Vindication!

• Like 2