Angel Oracle

Los Angeles Rams thread

857 posts in this topic

Worst memories: 7-37 in the 1975 NFC title game, and 0-28 in the 1978 NFC title game (after finally breaking the Vikings post-season jinx).   Both at the Coliseum, and especially having to suffer through Hollywood Henderson dunking the ball over the goal post after an INT TD return.

Best memories:  14-12 in 1976 NFC division round (punter spiking the ball after taking intentional safety to end the game), and 21-19 in 1979 NFC division round (Ferragamo’s 50 yard TD to Waddy with 2 min to play).   Both of those in Dallas

Rams we're good but not great in the first half. 

Running game was very good. The O line is opening a lot of lanes for Anderson and Gurley. 

Passing game didn't get any yardage after catch for the most part.

Defense has been good enough. 

Without Talib, the secondary is toast.  Front seven still needs to put more pressure on the QB.   Donald can’t do it alone in the offensive backfield.

OL and Gurley/Anderson came up big.   Goff still looks a little shaky, but showed mettle running for the clinching 1st down.

First NFC title game since 2001?

Franchise best post-season game rushing yardage

McVay becomes youngest coach to win post-season game.

I hiked up there, at the risk to my personal safety, to get that picture.  

There were people slaughtering and cooking livestock up there in open fires and those competitions where black people  do insult raps to each other.  I saw so many obese bald guys for a moment I thought it was an AW fanfest, but the gunshots reminded me otherwise.

A white family begged me to lead them to safety like I was some cracker Sherpa.  I had to leave them behind.  

I though the photo came out nice.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Ok, I had shitty seats. But everything else is true.

one time i was playing poker and a guy took down a pot of only blinds and i jokingly said, "nice pot" and he quips back at me, "what did you win?". i always think of that when i feel a compulsion to defend myself.

9 hours ago, Tank said:

Very true.

Peters is really overrated. Guy irritates me on almost every important play.

He gambles too much to make the big play.   Talib is truly a leader for an inconsistent secondary.   Just made the one mistake on the pass interference.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Great trade by KC dumping Peters

Yep. Terribly overrated.

he reminds me of what my dad used to say about some players: "I'd like to buy him for what I think he's worth and then sell him for what he thinks he's worth."