Dochalo

A's Acquire Khris Davis

51 posts in this topic

The equivalent looks to be something like Ward and Alcantara. I wouldn't do that.

Davis is pretty solid but I'm with you, I think the A's paid a considerable price for his services.

I'd much rather keep my prospects and sign Fowler. Better defense, OBP, speed...

Did the Angels have an equivilant trade package?

People are having a cow over losing Ellis. Imagine this place if they traded away a 20 year old catcher coming off a .877 OPS -- including a .931 OPS in the hitter unfriendly MWL..

Edited by Inside Pitch

People are having a cow over losing Ellis. Imagine this place if they traded away a 20 year old catcher coming off a .877 OPS -- including a .931 OPS in the hitter unfriendly MWL..

and a .413 slugging %.  He's not lost at the plate by any means, but he had 4 extra base hits in over 100 plate appearances as a 21yo.  I'll reserve my excitement until I see what he does at AA.  

i'm rather meh on khris davis. his avg is shit, his obp is ok, his power is pretty good, and his defense is bad. i think that player is pretty plentiful in mlb. i'd put the overrated tag on him, but maybe i'm wrong and he's ready to blow up. it's certainly happened before.

and a .413 slugging %.  He's not lost at the plate by any means, but he had 4 extra base hits in over 100 plate appearances as a 21yo.  I'll reserve my excitement until I see what he does at AA.  

Hi, I was referring to the player the A's traded away..  not Taylor Ward.  

Nottingham was more than a year younger and finished the season a level ahead of Taylor Ward.  He had 29 XBH in 253 ABs while at the same level as Ward then moved up to High A where almost 32% of his 72 hits went for extra bases...   You can reserve your excitement on Taylor Ward, but Jacob Nottingham is already a better prospect and even he wasn't enough to get the deal done by himself.

BTW, Khris Davis' career AWAY batting line of .230/.285/.451 through age 27 does very little to excite me.

Edited by Inside Pitch