fan_since79

North Korea leader tells military to be ready to use nuclear weapons at any time

529 posts in this topic

North Korea unveils homemade engine that could power an ICBM to hit the U.S. mainland.

 

Before you start laughing too hard, keep in mind that military analysts agree they could do it.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/north-korea-unveils-home-made-engine-for-missile-capable-of-striking-us/2016/04/08/bd5e3b6e-d3a7-4c81-8d17-98ee5bee03d7_story.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's that time again: routine U.S./South Korean drills

North Korea has threatened 'merciless' strikes on the United States if we infringe on their "sovereignty or dignity" with our aircraft carrier.

But now China is concerned and wants both sides to ratchet down the tensions.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-southkorea-usa-aircraft-carrier-north-idUSKBN16L0BD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It's that time again: routine U.S./South Korean drills

North Korea has threatened 'merciless' strikes on the United States if we infringe on their "sovereignty or dignity" with our aircraft carrier.

But now China is concerned and wants both sides to ratchet down the tensions.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-southkorea-usa-aircraft-carrier-north-idUSKBN16L0BD

Luckily, our Commander in Chief is level-headed and not susceptible to foolish, impulsive decisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Luckily, our Commander in Chief is level-headed and not susceptible to foolish, impulsive decisions.

I was kind of thinking that our Dear Leader is now equally egotistical and small-ducked, and therefore would probably elect to end NK in the event of an attack. And by "end" I mean drop nukes on the center of YongYang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

60 Minutes had a sobering piece a couple weeks ago about the tensions along the NK/SK border.

North Korea has 1,000,000 soldiers right at the border and 50,000 artillery pieces just behind them. The artillery could basically destroy Seoul in a matter of minutes. The U.S. has 40,000 men there, and in the event of a sudden attack many would be killed. The American colonel who was interviewed conceded the situation was very dangerous, but assured the reporter that retaliation would be swift and massive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's been like that since the ceasefire. The DMZ is the eeriest place I've ever been. Just reeks of doom and gloom.

And this routine US/S Korea drill is a massive multi-service exercise that lasts nearly a month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's strange the Chinese reactions to North Korea. 

China deploying troops at North Korea border after assassination

Are they waiting for a coup and then to sweep in and take over?  Or are they just unsure of what the small guy is going to do and are preparing themselves to protect their borders?  Or are they there in case SK or the US attack, so that they can support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gotbeer said:

it's strange the Chinese reactions to North Korea. 

China deploying troops at North Korea border after assassination

Are they waiting for a coup and then to sweep in and take over?  Or are they just unsure of what the small guy is going to do and are preparing themselves to protect their borders?  Or are they there in case SK or the US attack, so that they can support?

In the event of war China wants to keep the flood of inevitable refugees from crossing the border.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think that China's only interest would be in securing and controlling the region. They do not want a unified Korea, but more than that they do not want a conflict with the United States. All sides are supportive of the status quo and Kim Jung Un is the biggest threat to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

North Korea has responded to Rex Tillerson's "all options are on the table" warning:

In a statement, North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said: "The Korean People’s Army will reduce the bases of aggression and provocation to ashes with its invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads and reliably defend the security of the country and its people’s happiness in case the US and the South Korean puppet forces fire even a single bullet at the territory of the DPRK."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/598029/North-Korea-Nuclear-Kim-Jong-un-US-Strike-Single-Bullet-South-Japan-Foal-Eagle-USS-Carl

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So stupid. I read an article that said North Korea would have a hard time even launching a nuke before the US was aware they were preparing to do so. Of course there's the possibility that they improve their weapons technology, so a few years from now their capacity might be greater.

Even as a peacenik, I see no way around the inevitable necessity of an international coalition--sanctioned and participated in by China--needing to dismantle North Korea. You simply cannot have a crazy regime with nuclear capability.

Oh wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

So stupid. I read an article that said North Korea would have a hard time even launching a nuke before the US was aware they were preparing to do so. Of course there's the possibility that they improve their weapons technology, so a few years from now their capacity might be greater.

Even as a peacenik, I see no way around the inevitable necessity of an international coalition--sanctioned and participated in by China--needing to dismantle North Korea. You simply cannot have a crazy regime with nuclear capability.

Oh wait...

 

that's going to be the trick.  You need China to participate.  But by participate, their idea may very well be to occupy.  Nepal, South China Seas.  You look at even Hong Kong.  They want their hands on it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Kim Dong Dumb is going to reduce his populations life span to about 12 minutes if he gives the go ahead to launch against the US. 

Problem isn't the launch against the US.  It's the life span of South Korea, and to the lesser extent Japan that the US is worried about.  All it takes is one nuke to get through, and there will be thousands, if not millions of voices crying out in terror and suddenly silenced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options