Geoff

Trumped

26,497 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says '"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." -Albert Einstein'

So we built the nuke up the road from here to stop evil. Sometimes you can't win for trying.

Lindsey Graham says redirected funds for Trump border wall ‘better for school kids’ than new school

The children of Fort Campbell Mahaffey Middle School will indeed have a new construction project to look forward to in the coming year - just maybe not that new schoolhouse they were expecting.

Instead, they might get a border wall - or a fence, or barbed wire, or something like that - about 1,000 miles southwest of their school, which sits on a military base straddling the Kentucky-Tennessee line.

Yes, that border wall.

That's because the $62m (£48m) that was earmarked for the school's construction is among the billions of dollars already appropriated to the Defence Department, the pot of money the Trump administration now wants to redirect to pay for 230 miles of barriers along the southern border as part of the president's national emergency declaration.

https://news.yahoo.com/lindsey-graham-says-redirected-funds-110240352.html

All I have to say is WTF!  

4 hours ago, HaloNArizona said:

Lindsey Graham says redirected funds for Trump border wall ‘better for school kids’ than new school

The children of Fort Campbell Mahaffey Middle School will indeed have a new construction project to look forward to in the coming year - just maybe not that new schoolhouse they were expecting.

Instead, they might get a border wall - or a fence, or barbed wire, or something like that - about 1,000 miles southwest of their school, which sits on a military base straddling the Kentucky-Tennessee line.

Yes, that border wall.

That's because the $62m (£48m) that was earmarked for the school's construction is among the billions of dollars already appropriated to the Defence Department, the pot of money the Trump administration now wants to redirect to pay for 230 miles of barriers along the southern border as part of the president's national emergency declaration.

https://news.yahoo.com/lindsey-graham-says-redirected-funds-110240352.html

All I have to say is WTF!  

Wait a minute! It costs $62 million to build a middle school?! 

8 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Wait a minute! It costs $62 million to build a middle school?! 

Apparently they already built a $59 million high school on the base.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:36 PM, Lou said:

great, another unemployed lib 

This is an example of MAGA snowflakes in action. Those MAGA-flakes love every minute of it and want the confrontation. The kid himself says I wanted him to hit me.  Truth is, whenever MAGAs come into my business I always ask them to remove their hat, simply because I am intrigued by the shape of their pointy heads. 

1 hour ago, nate said:

The last thing Republicans want is more schools.  Then their constituents might learn that they have been brainwashed for decades.

For them, Fear > Intelligence

Kind of like democrats continuing to vote for the democratic party who sells them on the belief they'll make their lives better via handouts and actually care about them?  It cuts both ways.  Plenty of people on both sides keep voting for the same party, buying the bull they're slinging and expecting different results.  

5 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Kind of like democrats continuing to vote for the democratic party who sells them on the belief they'll make their lives better via handouts and actually care about them?  It cuts both ways.  

There are no winners, as long as two parties rule.  They say they are different.  But they both act the same.  In the end, it's about how much power they can attain, regardless of who they crush.  

16 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

There are no winners, as long as two parties rule.  They say they are different.  But they both act the same.  In the end, it's about how much power they can attain, regardless of who they crush.  

Agreed completely.  I only mention it because as long as people continue to act like one party does it more than the other things will never change.  You've got people who have voted democrat or republican for decades that have been sold on a better life but the reality is their elected officials don't really give a crap about them or 99% of the regular schmucks out there.  What those elected officials do care about is toeing the party line, appeasing their donors and doing what they can to get more power and maintain it.  

13 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Agreed completely.  I only mention it because as long as people continue to act like one party does it more than the other things will never change.  You've got people who have voted democrat or republican for decades that have been sold on a better life but the reality is their elected officials don't really give a crap about them or 99% of the regular schmucks out there.  What those elected officials do care about is toeing the party line, appeasing their donors and doing what they can to get more power and maintain it.  

Agree completely also.  Difference is the Orange Calf was going there to fix that very problem in his supporters minds and all he did was double down on the problem.  

We've been doubling down on the problems for decades while nothing actually gets done.  Illegal immigration was "addressed" when amnesty was granted in the 80's and since then we've had millions more enter the country illegally whether it's through a border or by overstaying visas.  An actual wall is ridiculous but securing the border isn't and it's something many of the people pushing back against the wall have supported previously.  Trump's a knob and will move forward with the wall which is unfortunate because any money used for it which is a drop in the bucket compared to what the country spends annually could be better used to secure the border and maybe start to crack down on people who hire illegal immigrants.