Mr Meeseeks

The Official Major League Baseball Thread

1,449 posts in this topic

Mr Meeseeks    1,004

All things MLB so we can talk about other teams, players and the standings. 

I'll start....

Freese is hitting 3rd for the pirates behind McCutchen.

I could see him having a big year.

Blarg    14,118

Or he could be David Freese and miss a quarter of the season and play just league average when he isn't booting ground balls.

• Like 1

halosfan1970    172

Freese is hitting 3rd for the pirates behind McCutchen.

I could see him having a big year.

Uh-oh. Once you mention David Freese in any AW discussion, Notti's hemorrhoid pops back out. This thread will now head to 8 pages of how David Freese is injury prone and a poor defender.

• Like 1

Chuckster70    8,166

I'd much rather have Escobar. 

Once Kang comes off the DL in a couple weeks Freese will be a back INF that occasionally platoons at 1B (the wrong side of the platoon) with John Jaso at first base. 

• Like 1

beatlesrule    751

I have no problem with Escobar over Freese but I do not agree with trading away Gott to get him especially with how cheap Freese wound up being.

Dochalo    10,644

By the time Freese was as cheap as he signed for, it wasn't really Freese vs. Escboar, it was Freese vs. Choi or less likely Freese vs. Giavotella.  

At this point, I like what I'm seeing from Gia.  Flip a coin for me on freese vs. choi.  Choi is a lefty and can also play the OF, but can't play 3b.  I guess if we wanted a poor defending 3b with some Rhed pop we could just call up Jefry Marte who I actually like and think will be a starter at some point if we can keep him long enough.  I'm probably in the minority on that one though.  

Troll Daddy    2,837

Who we kidding ... we signed Escobar to lead off. Freese isn't a lead off hitter. I have no problem trading Gott to acquire a lead off hitter.

Hope I don't hear his name again ... move on people.

beatlesrule    751

I have issues trading an early 20's RP for a 33 year old INF.  Then again, we got a 20 year old SP for Kendrick so that evens out.

Edited by beatlesrule

Wallerrrr    232

Felix Hernandez will make his ninth Opening Day start for the Mariners. The previous eight have all been wins for the team. That's an MLB record.

Too bad we can't watch Trout hit a homer off of him for the 3rd straight opening day...

Homebrewer    3,908

Cano homers off Hammels (Tex) in his first AB, a line drive that was out of there in .34 seconds..

Everyone says Cano has had a great spring...that was a rocket shot.

Edited by Homebrewer

Erstad Grit    997

Iannetta caught stealing?

Haha..

While the batter was telling him to stay put. If he did that on the halos so many would be blaming Scioscia and his demanded aggressive style of baseball. CI is one of my least favorite Angels ever.