Richard    1,568
8 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Stanton with another homer, 43 on the year

Might have 50 by this weekend. 

• Like 1

fan_since79    5,575

Barnburner at Wrigley.

11-10 Reds in the 8th inning.

Cincinnati scored nine runs in the 2nd off Lester.

Edited by fan_since79

Homebrewer    3,919
1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Barnburner at Wrigley.

11-10 Reds in the 8th inning.

Cincinnati scored nine runs in the 2nd off Lester.

That game was wacky...9-0 Cin, then the Cubs stormed back with I think 7 hrs (wind blowing out obviously) to tie it 9-9.

Final was 13-10 Cincy. All of that surrounded by practice for this weekend's Air and Water show, with Blue Angels and Thunderbirds getting ready by making low passes over Wrigley. That is a huge airshow, if not the biggest, one of the biggest in the US. I've been there for it and it was a great experience! Just remembering it gives me goosebumps. 

• Like 2

Revad    57

Toronto heating up, now three games back of the Angels.  What a year for Justin Smoak:  .943 OPS with 33 hrs and .294 average.  Donaldson had two hrs today and seven in the last ten games.

m0nkey    1,418

Not major league related but padres promote Fernando Tatis Jr. to double A from low A.

He was hitting .281/.390/.520 with 21 home runs and 29 steals.  He did have 124 strikeouts in 117 games, but also had 75 walks.

Still just 18 years old

• Like 1

Homebrewer    3,919
20 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Not major league related but padres promote Fernando Tatis Jr. to double A from low A.

He was hitting .281/.390/.520 with 21 home runs and 29 steals.  He did have 124 strikeouts in 117 games, but also had 75 walks.

Still just 18 years old

Sr. is the only player to ever hit two grand slams in one inning.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 11:34 AM, m0nkey said:

Still just 18 years old

The chan ho park killer! Watched that game live.

• Like 1

m0nkey    1,418

Our old friend Mr. Fister almost pulled a John Lackey today.  Gave up a lead off home run, then didn't allow a hit for 9 innings

ettin    2,193

Might be worth a pick-up with only about $500K left in 2017. One more year of arbitration control. High GB% particularly against RHH's. Problems with walks this year and last year but previous history of better walk rates. Some BABIP and LOB issues this season that could regress the other way possibly. Mid-90's heat.

ettin    2,193
13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Blake Wood = JC Ramirez part deux?   Similar control issues, similar solid heat, former Reds pitcher

You never know. The fastball velocity and GB% are the selling points to me here with our superior infield defense. His hard hit rate is actually below his career average which really leads me to believe that either a ) hitters are getting off more line drives against him (possible) or b ) he really is getting a bit unlucky based on that BABIP with hits finding holes. I think it's a combination of those two, to a degree.

Bottom line is that it wouldn't cost much to pick him up if we have the room.

• Like 1