Tank

2017 Fantasy Golf Season

269 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, tomsred said:

That would be fun.  I'm in Newport Coast, Homebrewer is in Mariposa.  Where are you at?  You and I did Happy Hour in Tustin a few years ago with Chuck, and some of the other boys.

I'm in Armenia/Glendale. Lots of drakkar noir and velvet sweatsuits here. I'd welcome seeing you again pretty much anywhere else.

Homebrewer, you headed down here anytime? 

Edited by Tank

17 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm in Armenia/Glendale. Lots of drakkar noir and velvet sweatsuits here. I'd welcome seeing you again pretty much anywhere else.

Homebrewer, you headed down here anytime? 

Since my mom passed away last winter...I've had no urge/reason to do the 6 hour drive to Socal...

But...second round of the playoffs could do it...maybe Breeders Cup (too bad it's at Del Mar)

I've always wanted to wear Cubs gear to a playoff game at Chavez Latrine (Hey, I've lived a full life, death does not scare me)

7 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Since my mom passed away last winter...I've had no urge/reason to do the 6 hour drive to Socal...

But...second round of the playoffs could do it...maybe Breeders Cup (too bad it's at Del Mar)

I've always wanted to wear Cubs gear to a playoff game at Chavez Latrine (Hey, I've lived a full life, death does not scare me)

Cubs gear at the Latrine, now that's real courage.  You might not make it out of the parking lot and into the Stadium for the game, and chances of your car being there later in drivable condition - 5%.

You're due for some good luck HB given the passing of your Mother and the fire this year.

man, i hit a grand slam this week. looking forward to the final point totals later today.

fun finish with spieth and DJ. That drive by DJ on the first playoff hole? great caesars ghost that was huge.

15 hours ago, Tank said:

man, i hit a grand slam this week. looking forward to the final point totals later today.

fun finish with spieth and DJ. That drive by DJ on the first playoff hole? great caesars ghost that was huge.

You killed it! 243.

259 was tops worldwide.

4 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

You killed it! 243.

259 was tops worldwide.

sweet! i was wondering how i stacked up against all players. i got 35 bonus points  this week, too.

tomsred, you're going down!

On 8/28/2017 at 1:05 PM, Tank said:

sweet! i was wondering how i stacked up against all players. i got 35 bonus points  this week, too.

tomsred, you're going down!

Still holding on by my fingernails.  I'm slowly but surely running out of golfers, I've worn them out, just like Maldonado.

9 hours ago, tomsred said:

Still holding on by my fingernails.  I'm slowly but surely running out of golfers, I've worn them out, just like Maldonado.

One of the toughest parts of this is knowing when to sit or play the big guns. That, plus the begging Ning of the season with all the rookies and newbies, makes this a fun challenge each week/year.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Big weekend for me...244. Beat Tanks 243 last week by 1 point. Sewed up the total wins award, too.

Yep, a new weekly record for AngelsWin in 2017, by one point.  But there are still two weeks to go.  Good job Homebrewer!  You got a 245 in the Tank, Tank?

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Anyone have Leishman on their team?

-9 through 15 holes at the BMW Championship.

seriously considered him but didn't pull the trigger. oh well.

D

On 9/14/2017 at 4:07 PM, Tank said:

fan, are you in our league? there's 8 of us but i think only 3 of us have played weekly (the others have played weakly . . .).

We are like the 3 Amigo's or 3 musketeers, or 3 perhaps the three stooges, LOL 

21 hours ago, tomsred said:

D

We are like the 3 Amigo's or 3 musketeers, or 3 perhaps the three stooges, LOL 

yeah, and it's been fun. i enjoy doing this pool every week, and even if it's only the three of us, it's been stiff competition. i'd do it again next season.