Sign in to follow this  
Chuckster70

Political Gallery

1,210 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

No automatic alt text available.

This would be funny if wasn't true. These people will move to your neck of the woods and bring that shit with them.

Just now, Jason said:

This would be funny if wasn't true. These people will move to your neck of the woods and bring that shit with them.

One positive thing is that pretty much any tax increase requires the approval of voters. The Assembly and Senate can't just pass things and impose them on the public.

Just now, Vegas Halo Fan said:

One positive thing is that pretty much any tax increase requires the approval of voters. The Assembly and Senate can't just pass things and impose them on the public.

California will never allow that

If anyone was so bent on political suicide as to suggest a state income tax, for instance, it is prohibited by the state constitution. The constitution would have to be revised - requiring the approval of voters - if it were to happen.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

If anyone was so bent on political suicide as to suggest a state income tax, for instance, it is prohibited by the state constitution. The constitution would have to be revised - requiring the approval of voters - if it were to happen.

I'm not familiar with most of California's constitution but I suspect that it states that taxes must be raised every year and spent on pointless endeavors 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not familiar with most of California's constitution but I suspect that it states that taxes must be raised every year and spent on pointless endeavors 

I'm calling poppycock.

You're obviously very familiar with California's constitution.