gotbeer

Calolfornia

850 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, floplag said:

California summed up... our governor is on a trip to El Salvador... why?!?!??!  WTF does he have literally anything to do with El Salvador when the city he served in is a freaking cesspool.
California priorities in a nutshell right there. 

You know, the people from El Salvador and Nicaragua escaping the gangs and violence, that the sanctuary nuts say welcome, jump in front of the line of legitimate actual immigrants that have been waiting years for their applications to be accepted.  

Which reminds me, those in South Central should flock and camp out a the Mayors residence in Hancock Park, because they are escaping the gangs and violence.  I'm sure they will be welcomed with open arms.  

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You know, the people from El Salvador and Nicaragua escaping the gangs and violence, that the sanctuary nuts say welcome, jump in front of the line of legitimate actual immigrants that have been waiting years for their applications to be accepted.  

Which reminds me, those in South Central should flock and camp out a the Mayors residence in Hancock Park, because they are escaping the gangs and violence.  I'm sure they will be welcomed with open arms.  

no no no, they are no in gangs..they are undocumented social workers 

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

i'll be one of those that has to massively inconveniened  by this. i took two forms to prove my residency when i renewed in january. it seems silly to me that the DMV didn't go ahead and change the proof requirement on their own instead of waiting to have the DHS come down on them and force them to make this change. what a bunch of morons.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Since Newsome has so much time to travel I think he should personally come to my house to verify my residency since I already spent 6 hours at the dmv.

tell him to stop by my house right after.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

It has a plan for Californians to comply with the Homeland Security requirements simply by returning a letter from the DMV by mail. They also could visit a field office, or check in online

The horror!

next up on the calolifornia legislative overreaction train: banning single use shampoo bottles in hotels.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2019/04/12/california-hotel-shampoo-bottle-ban/?fbclid=IwAR3Iscd5X5xNN3egoSdMNC-lYGlcHNrP6PD0RTykZN0wCHvQ7hBw8tJrXxU

pretty much every hotel i've stayed in during the last forty years has had a stunning lack of recycling bins. why not start there?

13 hours ago, Tank said:

i always bring my own soap and shampoo. don't know why others don't do the same. travel size bottles are easy to find.

Maybe because I don't want to pay for it when I'm already paying for a room?

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

solid point. the 12 cents worth of shampoo, conditioner and lotion you get from them, plus that twenty cents worth of bar soap you use (i'll just go ahead and assume you take home the other bar soap) is a good way of sticking it to the man.

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

solid point. the 12 cents worth of shampoo, conditioner and lotion you get from them, plus that twenty cents worth of bar soap you use (i'll just go ahead and assume you take home the other bar soap) is a good way of sticking it to the man.

I go top shelf in the toilet too. #classy

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

I've been to hotels with the shampoo/conditioner/soap dispensers in the shower. They were empty. 

I went to a hotel that had those dispensers.  They were creepy.  It was like you were taking a shower in a truck stop bathroom, and it almost felt like you needed to deposit a quarter to get anything out of it, while you pay by the hour for the room, kind of vibe.  

20 hours ago, Blarg said:

I've been to hotels with the shampoo/conditioner/soap dispensers in the shower. They were empty. 

I add a little something extra to them 

14 hours ago, Lhalo said:

you're probably one of those billionaires that can afford to pay for parking at an angels game, too.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

/sigh.  

‘Mystery surcharge’ boosts California gas taxes to $1.26 per gallon

But hey, no big deal right?  It's only $11 million a day, $4 billion a year of unaccounted taxes, and $20 billion paid into it since 2015.  With accounting like this, man even I could have a budget surplus in Calolfornia.

Doesn't surprise me.  Newsom has a budget surplus and is constantly looking for ways to get more tax dollars out of citizens.  To be fair though politicians on both sides are always fans of new taxes.

27 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I realize my mistake is that yahoo is a site I've used for years to just to see news stories and they've now morphed into the epitome of the narcissistic butt hurt generation.  

I used to do the Yahoo news also.  But yeah, for the last few years, they have been closer to the Weekly World News than actual factual non biased news.  And it's too bad too.  Because I love the WWN.  And like Florida's Finest and such threads have suffered because of it.