Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

3,058 posts in this topic

On 6/13/2017 at 3:04 PM, nate said:

I would rather they trade Theo than Vatanen personally.

When Vatanen was out it was pretty noticeable on the PP and he is a good skater out of the D zone.  His contract isn't the greatest though so I would not be surprised if he is traded.  I just worry about losing too much defensive depth.

theo has arguably the best point shot on the team, his stuff just finds a way through.

and his youth, and cheap cost make him more valuable to us than vatanen. vatanen is great but given our comical d corps we need to swap that $$ for goal scorers.

we lost the WCF purely because we didn't have the scoring to replace rakell and eaves. granted, that is 70 goals right there so few teams can survive that.

PLUS with gibson hurt we put cloutier bernier out there and.. ugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Rumors of Galchenyuk for Drouin deal is in the works. If true, Ducks can't match that without giving up Theo/Montour. Which does us no good cap wise.

oh man, habs take that and run. they would need to add a first to get drouin.

will never happen. plus it's inter division trade, so doubly would never happen. but who knows these days...

also you have to remember young, skilled D are just worth more. look at the oilers trade, they only got larsson for hall. and hall is like one of the top 3 LW in the entire league. 

tampa would much rather get vatanen than galy. we would possibly have to add something small, but not as much as the habs would.

bummer all the trades aren't getting announced, so much for the excitement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

bummer all the trades aren't getting announced, so much for the excitement.

Only trades involving the Magnetos are not getting announced.  In the next few days, my guess is that there will be a few trades announced.  But probably not any huge ones. 

And with a deal in place for the ducks.  Whatever the deal is, it makes trading Vatanen without a gun to our head that much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Rumors of Galchenyuk for Drouin deal is in the works. If true, Ducks can't match that without giving up Theo/Montour. Which does us no good cap wise.

Source: Flyers and Canadiens Upping Ante for Drouin. Gostisbehere?

Looks like there is a bidding war for Drouin.  And it looks like the Lightning is looking for young. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mrwicked said:

oh man, habs take that and run. they would need to add a first to get drouin.

will never happen. plus it's inter division trade, so doubly would never happen. but who knows these days...

also you have to remember young, skilled D are just worth more. look at the oilers trade, they only got larsson for hall. and hall is like one of the top 3 LW in the entire league. 

tampa would much rather get vatanen than galy. we would possibly have to add something small, but not as much as the habs would.

bummer all the trades aren't getting announced, so much for the excitement.

A 1st would be overpaying, a 2nd & 3rd perhaps would be better. Centers are more valuable than LWs & there is also the baggage Drouin has too.

Montreal is better off keeping their Center Galchenyuk who played only 60 games last year thats due for a rebound season along with keeping their 1st rounder.

but that same Montreal team traded Weber for Subban.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nate said:

Habs just got Drouin

Basically giving a first and a second for Drouin.

Thats a good trade by the Habs, they keep Galchenyuk & get Drouin, Sergachev won't make a impact for at least a few years for a team that was 15th in scoring. Habs now have a Top 10 offense in the NHL.

Not a fan of Russian Defensemen, Forwards yes but their D-men are wild cards in terms of turning out to be great.
When I think of European D-men I think of Sweden, Finland & then Slovak or Czech.

According to this the current crop of Russian D-men in NHL is http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/nationality/active-russian-nhl-defensemen-career-stats.html

Then comes the risk Sergachev is the next Voynov or gets homesick for motherland or becomes lazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's a good deal for both sides.  Drouin is going to be an RFA, he's not draft exempt.  There's a lot of risk here for the Habs.  I get why Murray didn't do much with it., apparently no serious talks.  Especially makes sense with all the FA the Ducks have.   There are lots of other possibilities out there for the Ducks. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'm probably being unfair but I don't know what it is about Lindholm.  That guy needs to show us something.  I want to see him control play. 

I also agree, but the stats say otherwise.  I think Lindholm is just not flashy, and doesn't make mistakes.  But all those pesky advance stats show that he's a monster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, nate said:

Habs just got Drouin

Basically giving a first and a second for Drouin.

So pretty much a second and either theo/montour.  Although they are NHL ready and Sergachev is still a prospect. 

I guess the talk will go back to Duchene now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options