John Smith

Andrew Heaney will pitch tonight (+ other injured)

197 posts in this topic

Ace-Of-Diamonds    1,038

We could have Skaggs and Heaney back by mid August. With Bridwell pitching well, we could have Bridwell, Meyer, Skaggs, Heaney, Ramirez, Chavez, Nolasco, and maybe Shoemaker by August. Throw in  Richards and Tropeano preparing to return next spring. We should be able to put together a decent rotation out of that

totdprods    2,552
9 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

We could have Skaggs and Heaney back by mid August. With Bridwell pitching well, we could have Bridwell, Meyer, Skaggs, Heaney, Ramirez, Chavez, Nolasco, and maybe Shoemaker by August. Throw in  Richards and Tropeano preparing to return next spring. We should be able to put together a decent rotation out of that

I remember saying the exact same thing, with a couple different names, last offseason. 

Not trying to stir up the nest, just sayin'

• Like 4

Ace-Of-Diamonds    1,038
1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I remember saying the exact same thing, with a couple different names, last offseason. 

Not trying to stir up the nest, just sayin'

Hopefully next year turns out differently. I have to believe it will, or I will have to take up knitting.

• Like 1

krAbs    258

This is tough. cuz like...this team literally has like 10 competent starters, and appears to be shopping for another. at a certain point you have to say, screw it. we are going to behave as if our injuries will eventually get better, otherwise it doesn't really matter what we do, we're screwed.

Angel Oracle    5,481

Time to convert Shoe to being a key late innings reliever?   The splitter can supposedly mess up an elbow, if thrown too many times.    How many MLB starters throw as many splitters as he does? 

totdprods    2,552
4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Time to convert Shoe to being a key late innings reliever?   The splitter can supposedly mess up an elbow, if thrown too many times.    How many MLB starters throw as many splitters as he does? 

I think we'll see someone from our SP batch convert over within the next year.

vlad27    89
On 7/13/2017 at 0:33 PM, hangin n wangin said:

It's sad that things are so bad that we don't even get excited about our pitchers making progress because "making progress" means having an eventual setback. 

Agreed - I worry when the next setback will be 

• Like 1

arch stanton    5,133

I was just wondering who might get DFA when these guys are ready to come off the 60 day. Wright? Magnifico? Campos? Or maybe even Morin?

Angel Oracle    5,481

Morin has had every chance these past 3 seasons, following the solid rookie year.   Give him a fresh start elsewhere.   It's not like O'Day barely getting a chance here, and then being left unprotected.

• Like 1

Kody Mac    626

Remember when Morin was pitching great and Bedrosian was squandering every call up opportunity? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

• Like 4

Jeff Fletcher    1,518
8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I was just wondering who might get DFA when these guys are ready to come off the 60 day. Wright? Magnifico? Campos? Or maybe even Morin?

If Robinson goes down for Maybin's return before Skaggs/Heaney return, that will open up a 40-man spot. 

The Angwls haven't had a problem of a packed 40-man lately. There are always guys on there who will clear waivers. 

• Like 2

nando714    3,083

Anything to get rid of Chavez and Nolasco. 

I know you don't want to rush Heaney and Skaggs but if they can go 4-5 innings then turn it to the pen that's a plus