John Smith

Andrew Heaney will pitch tonight (+ other injured)

225 posts in this topic

krAbs    273
43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No. Eventually he will retire. 

You don't know that. He could continue to have shoulder problems after he retires.

• Like 3

DMVol    1,119
9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is Meyer always going to have shoulder troubles?

I don't think you can pencil him in to the rotation next year.....you hang on to him for depth and hope he can stay healthy....but you can't assume anything.....Trading him makes no sense because his value would be low.....the other thought might be to try him in the bullpen, where most thought he'd end up all along....maybe shorter appearances with lower pitch counts are less stress on his shoulder?...who knows....

• Like 1

Angel Oracle    5,557

Just sit him the rest of the year and let him slowly build the shoulder back up.   Nothing else is going to work.    Halos aren't going anywhere with this mess of a pitching staff.

DMVol    1,119

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjs_ckr_8gNnx66Q0vwxF

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

......Halos aren't going anywhere with this mess of a pitching staff.

• Haha 1

krAbs    273
2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just sit him the rest of the year and let him slowly build the shoulder back up.   Nothing else is going to work.    Halos aren't going anywhere with this mess of a pitching staff.

Honestly, two days I would have disagreed with you, but...JC is probably going to go down with TJ surgery, Skaggs appears to not be pitching his best, same goes with heaney, meyer has no real timeline, richards won't be able to pitch a full game this year...I mean...next year looks good (especially if we make a few key signings), but...

As far as heaney and skaggs, meh. Not too worried. Theyve been gone forever, theyre bound to be rusty. 

Im not saying im "sold" on them. But all i care about is theyre healthy. If theyre healthy, and can at lesst be mid rotation types, that saves us from having to go out this winter and aquire mid rotstion tyoes, and hope we can finally improve the offense 

• Like 1

Ace-Of-Diamonds    1,072
1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Honestly, two days I would have disagreed with you, but...JC is probably going to go down with TJ surgery, Skaggs appears to not be pitching his best, same goes with heaney, meyer has no real timeline, richards won't be able to pitch a full game this year...I mean...next year looks good (especially if we make a few key signings), but...

Fletcher says to expect Richards back by Sept.8-12.

krAbs    273
Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Fletcher says to expect Richards back by Sept.8-12.

But on a pitch count of ~60, if i remember correctly. so..we'll see?

• Thanks 1

Jeff Fletcher    1,575
8 hours ago, krAbs said:

But on a pitch count of ~60, if i remember correctly. so..we'll see?

I expect Richards '17 to be very similar to Meyer '16. He only threw 55 pitches his first start. Still started 5 times, got up to 90ish, I think. 

Obviously, I'd expect Richards to pitch better. I'm just referring to the volume. 

• Like 2

DMVol    1,119
41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

September 8-12 allows GRich to make 4-5 starts.   

If we can hang in there, those 4/5 starts could be significant....

• Like 1

UndertheHalo    1,186
9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

September 8-12 allows GRich to make 4-5 starts.   

No one should have any faith that Richards will pitch this season until he's actually in uniform on the mound pitching. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Dude looks totally lost right now

Meh. Hes missed almost 2 years. Hes gonna be rusty as hell until he builds that arm back up.

IMO wirh him and skaggs its just no setbacks healthwise. If they peak and simple mid rotation guys, its still a win.

• Like 1