totdprods

Official 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

296 posts in this topic

If the Dodgers fail to pull down Darvish it's a pretty big fuck up IMO.  Especially with how the Cubs are coming on.  Would be something if they blow it this year. 

• Like 1

it seems like the angels are on the outside looking in, in more ways than one. i don't see how a sell off is even possible, at this point. major mistake, imo.

Perez seems to be the only real tradeable asset in the organization. ML ready and raking in the PCL. Hard to believe the Rockies haven't offered at least something for him, as well as some other teams.

damn.  Jays get Teoscar Hernandez for Liriano.  

3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Perez seems to be the only real tradeable asset in the organization. ML ready and raking in the PCL. Hard to believe the Rockies haven't offered at least something for him, as well as some other teams.

The Rockies got Lucroy, they aren't in the catcher market anymore....

Just now, happybat4 said:

Isn't Liriano horrible this year? 

Yes. 

But he's been solid against lefties, so if that's how the Astros use him, it may work out. Guess they saw what we did with Norris and Petit and thought they'd give it a shot.

• Like 1

Wow supposed return is Fowler, Mateo, and Kaprelian.... nice return.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

If the Dodgers fail to pull down Darvish it's a pretty big fuck up IMO.  Especially with how the Cubs are coming on.  Would be something if they blow it this year. 

I disagree.  The Dodgers don't need Darvish.  Why risk ruining the chemistry that team has had this season by bringing someone in?

The way the Dodgers are playing right now, they can beat any team in a best of seven series.

Joe Smith to the Indians:

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I disagree.  The Dodgers don't need Darvish.  Why risk ruining the chemistry that team has had this season by bringing someone in?

The way the Dodgers are playing right now, they can beat any team in a best of seven series.

You think adding a starting pitcher is going to ruin the Dodgers "chemistry" ? Disagree man.  I don't know about you but if I'm a Dodger fans (im not) I don't feel great about depending on Rich Hill in a game 3 or 4.  The Dodgers starting rotation is Kershaw(recurring back injury) an unproven Alex Wood and a bunch of mediocre pitchers.  Both the Cubs and Nats can mash.  Dodgers also don't have any good leftys in the pen.  

They are great don't get me wrong but they aren't likely to get a path through the NL to late October like this again any time soon.  Why risk blowing it with weak spots that can be addressed.  Every single one of their prospects isn't gonna become a great player.  They've got the depth to play the win now game. 

Edited by UndertheHalo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ettin said:

Joe Smith to the Indians:

Back where he was, when the Halos signed him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

it seems like the angels are on the outside looking in, in more ways than one. i don't see how a sell off is even possible, at this point. major mistake, imo.

Standing pat in anticipation of the winning streak in early September that puts us within striking distance of the second wild card.

• Like 2

Madero for Hernandez?

In Eppler we trust, but this one leaves me shaking my head.

Hernandez is better this season, than Joe Smith was a year ago, yet a scrub rookie league pitcher is all the Halos get?

This confirms how little relievers are commanding this season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

How is that different than any year since 1988?......

• Like 1

Dodgers apparently get Darvish.

Yu Darvish to the Dodgers. Ugh....they're looking ridiculously stacked for the playoffs. If there is any year they win it all it would be this one

48 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You think adding a starting pitcher is going to ruin the Dodgers "chemistry" ? Disagree man.  I don't know about you but if I'm a Dodger fans (im not) I don't feel great about depending on Rich Hill in a game 3 or 4.  The Dodgers starting rotation is Kershaw(recurring back injury) an unproven Alex Wood and a bunch of mediocre pitchers.  Both the Cubs and Nats can mash.  Dodgers also don't have any good leftys in the pen.  

They are great don't get me wrong but they aren't likely to get a path through the NL to late October like this again any time soon.  Why risk blowing it with weak spots that can be addressed.  Every single one of their prospects isn't gonna become a great player.  They've got the depth to play the win now game. 

If I was in charge of the Dodgers, I'd add to the pen, but nothing else.  That team is in the zone.