totdprods

Official 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

296 posts in this topic

If the Dodgers fail to pull down Darvish it's a pretty big fuck up IMO.  Especially with how the Cubs are coming on.  Would be something if they blow it this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it seems like the angels are on the outside looking in, in more ways than one. i don't see how a sell off is even possible, at this point. major mistake, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perez seems to be the only real tradeable asset in the organization. ML ready and raking in the PCL. Hard to believe the Rockies haven't offered at least something for him, as well as some other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn.  Jays get Teoscar Hernandez for Liriano.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Perez seems to be the only real tradeable asset in the organization. ML ready and raking in the PCL. Hard to believe the Rockies haven't offered at least something for him, as well as some other teams.

The Rockies got Lucroy, they aren't in the catcher market anymore....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, happybat4 said:

Isn't Liriano horrible this year? 

Yes. 

But he's been solid against lefties, so if that's how the Astros use him, it may work out. Guess they saw what we did with Norris and Petit and thought they'd give it a shot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow supposed return is Fowler, Mateo, and Kaprelian.... nice return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

If the Dodgers fail to pull down Darvish it's a pretty big fuck up IMO.  Especially with how the Cubs are coming on.  Would be something if they blow it this year. 

 

I disagree.  The Dodgers don't need Darvish.  Why risk ruining the chemistry that team has had this season by bringing someone in?

The way the Dodgers are playing right now, they can beat any team in a best of seven series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Smith to the Indians:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

 

I disagree.  The Dodgers don't need Darvish.  Why risk ruining the chemistry that team has had this season by bringing someone in?

The way the Dodgers are playing right now, they can beat any team in a best of seven series.

You think adding a starting pitcher is going to ruin the Dodgers "chemistry" ? Disagree man.  I don't know about you but if I'm a Dodger fans (im not) I don't feel great about depending on Rich Hill in a game 3 or 4.  The Dodgers starting rotation is Kershaw(recurring back injury) an unproven Alex Wood and a bunch of mediocre pitchers.  Both the Cubs and Nats can mash.  Dodgers also don't have any good leftys in the pen.  

They are great don't get me wrong but they aren't likely to get a path through the NL to late October like this again any time soon.  Why risk blowing it with weak spots that can be addressed.  Every single one of their prospects isn't gonna become a great player.  They've got the depth to play the win now game. 

Edited by UndertheHalo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ettin said:

Joe Smith to the Indians:

 

Back where he was, when the Halos signed him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ukyah said:

it seems like the angels are on the outside looking in, in more ways than one. i don't see how a sell off is even possible, at this point. major mistake, imo.

Standing pat in anticipation of the winning streak in early September that puts us within striking distance of the second wild card.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madero for Hernandez?

In Eppler we trust, but this one leaves me shaking my head.

Hernandez is better this season, than Joe Smith was a year ago, yet a scrub rookie league pitcher is all the Halos get?

This confirms how little relievers are commanding this season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

If the Dodgers fail to pull down Darvish it's a pretty big fuck up IMO.  Especially with how the Cubs are coming on.  Would be something if they blow it this year. 

How is that different than any year since 1988?......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dodgers apparently get Darvish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yu Darvish to the Dodgers. Ugh....they're looking ridiculously stacked for the playoffs. If there is any year they win it all it would be this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You think adding a starting pitcher is going to ruin the Dodgers "chemistry" ? Disagree man.  I don't know about you but if I'm a Dodger fans (im not) I don't feel great about depending on Rich Hill in a game 3 or 4.  The Dodgers starting rotation is Kershaw(recurring back injury) an unproven Alex Wood and a bunch of mediocre pitchers.  Both the Cubs and Nats can mash.  Dodgers also don't have any good leftys in the pen.  

They are great don't get me wrong but they aren't likely to get a path through the NL to late October like this again any time soon.  Why risk blowing it with weak spots that can be addressed.  Every single one of their prospects isn't gonna become a great player.  They've got the depth to play the win now game. 

 

If I was in charge of the Dodgers, I'd add to the pen, but nothing else.  That team is in the zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now