totdprods

Official 2017 MLB Trade Deadline Thread

296 posts in this topic

Angel Oracle    5,481
14 minutes ago, red321 said:

Where is this coming that the Bluejays received a king's ransom for Smith?

Thomas Pannone has had a rock solid season in AA for the Jays at age 23 (2.62 ERA and 1.07 WHIP in 14 starts, about 6 innings per start).   Samad Taylor is pretty much at Madero's level (currently in low-A ball).    Pannone alone makes it look like a much better deal. 

Put it this way....where would Pannone and Taylor rank in this org, and where would Madero rank?

Madero seems like the pitching version of Chavez Clarke.

• Like 1

Homebrewer    3,908

With the Doyers stocking up for the post season in the REAL L.A.   Seems to me that the Cubs should be gaining a new legion of fans around here. I hope more of you will be joining me in relishing the joy of watching the Chicago Northsiders  " Beat L.A." again this October. Will be even sweeter this time.

• Like 4

hangin n wangin    1,519
4 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

With the Doyers stocking up for the post season in the REAL L.A.   Seems to me that the Cubs should be gaining a new legion of fans around here. I hope more of you will be joining me in relishing the joy of watching the Chicago Northsiders  " Beat L.A." again this October. Will be even sweeter this time.

I am firmly aboard. 

Jay    2,263
1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

eh, the only thing I liked about the Cubs was their curse, now there's nothing to like.

• Like 1

Richard    1,565
1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Bummer for the rangers, or is he a decent prospect i can tell my dodger buddies they were stupid to trade?

He's their #4 prospect and has been climbing the past couple of seasons. Think they were grooming him for 2nd base next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay said:

eh, the only thing I liked about the Cubs was their curse, now there's nothing to like.

To each their own...I feel the Cubs have plenty to like. A lot of solid young players that came up through their organization coupled with great trades, signings, and front office management. Yeah they have a lot of bandwagon fans, but I really enjoy watching them play the game. I enjoy watching Madden coach as well. And in comparison to the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers...give me the Cubs every time.

Angel Oracle    5,481

Dogs may have outsmarted themselves.   Darvish is already close (135) to his most innings pitched in the past 4 years (144).   He really isn't needed for the regular season, with that big lead over the Nats for best NL record.    When October hits, Darvish may be close to running on fumes in having pitched some 180-185 innings.

• Like 1

nando714    3,083
10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Dogs may have outsmarted themselves.   Darvish is already close (135) to his most innings pitched in the past 4 years (144).   He really isn't needed for the regular season, with that big lead over the Nats for best NL record.    When October hits, Darvish may be close to running on fumes in having pitched some 180-185 innings.

Maybe they watch his innings. They can go to a 6 man rotation . Lots of SP depth and BP depth. It's not like they're in a tight race. The division is wrapped up. 

Taylor    3,824
23 hours ago, Dochalo said:

bummer.  Rangers got Willie Calhoun for Darvish.  

I looked him up to see if he was Kole's brother.

I don't think he is.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

UndertheHalo    1,160

I know Texas was probably not inclined to send up Lucroy but man, Colorado got him for nothing.  Would have been a nice piece to slide in at 1b.  Maybe a value target this offseason ?

Aside from giving us a solution at 1b would give us some insurance on Maldanado and I think with everyday AB's would probably go back to being a solid middle of the order bat.  I guess we'll see how he does in Colorado. If he kills it he'll be one of the pricier FA I assume. 

Lou    9,751
On July 28, 2017 at 7:28 PM, m0nkey said:

Howie Kendrick to the nationals 

Howie is 13-35 for the Nats (.371)

ettin    2,173
34 minutes ago, Lou said:

Finally realizing his potential as a batting champion.

• Like 1

m0nkey    1,397
23 hours ago, Lou said:

Add a walk off grand slam to his nats career too

• Like 1