Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

The Officially Official 2017 ... errr ... 2018 Denver Broncos Thread

81 posts in this topic

The win cost me some money, but it gives the Chiefs a cushion. I thought the Chargers were gonna go on a roll, but Denver ended that thought real quick.

They start the season 2-0 (easily could have been 0-2), go 1-6 over their next 7 games then come out of the bye week to beat San Diego and Pitt.  The last two weeks Rivers and Roethlisberger both threw for over 400 yards while the Broncos gave up over 1,000 yards and yet they only gave up a total of 39 points.  Talk about the defense coming up with big plays when needed as they won this weeks game when a 300 lb NT picked off Roethlisberger in the end zone with just over a minute left.  Their next 4 opponents have a combined record of 13-30-1 then they finish the season against San Diego at home.  Current point differential of 0 while their last three losses to Houston, KC and the Rams were by a combined 12 points.   I can't believe they're only 1 game back of a playoff spot considering how they looked a few weeks ago.  I'll take entertaining football even if they lose over crap football any day of the week. 

So Chris Harris breaks his leg in Cincy and now it looks like Sanders has a torn achilles tendon. It's a good thing they finally had a decent draft since the whole class will end up starting.

At least the Avs are good again

I read that Harris' break is a chip and supposedly there's a chance he could be back by week 17 if they were by some miracle still in the playoff hunt.  Really sucks for Sanders because he seems like a good guy, he'll be 32 before next season and it happened so late that word is if he decides to play next year he may not be ready by week 1.  He was likely to be a cap cut after this year already given his cost and age so I'm assuming he played his last game for Denver.