zenmaster

SPs you'd rather see tonight than Nolasco

86 posts in this topic

zenmaster    749

Seems every time we get to .500 we put our worst out there. I wish we could get over that .500 hump! Nolasco today and I can only imagine the lineup will also contain some questionable choices.

We all know Nolasco is bad but who would be your starting pitcher today if it was up to you?

• Like 1

totdprods    2,552

I think I'd go with Nolasco.

In 3 starts against the Mariners this year, he has a 2.79 ERA and 0.93 WHIP.

Angel Oracle    5,481
55 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

He suck. It's not like he pitched a 3 hit shutout against them 6 weeks ago or anything

Problem is, he hasn't shown that since then.   Granted his record in Seattle is solid, but still concerned that tonight will be different.

Hey NoStuffCo, you remember that August 2016-September 2016 success?   Feel free to start freaking pitching like that, STAT!

Angels#1Fan    793
22 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Seems every time we get to .500 we put our worst out there. I wish we could get over that .500 hump! Nolasco today and I can only imagine the lineup will also contain some questionable choices.

We all know Nolasco is bad but who would be your starting pitcher today if it was up to you?

Russ Springer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

arch stanton    5,133
1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Problem is, he hasn't shown that since then.   Granted his record in Seattle is solid, but still concerned that tonight will be different.

Hey NoStuffCo, you remember that August 2016-September 2016 success?   Feel free to start freaking pitching like that, STAT!

He's had some good and some bad since then. He's perfectly capable of going either way. No point in being fatalistic 

Angel Oracle    5,481
3 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Who was that crooked hat wearing pimply faced kid we got from AZ for Hernandez?..... Yeah, probably him.

Or Jack Lazorko!

Ol' Lazorko was good for a few kick saves on GBs up the middle.

• Like 1

SlappyUtilityMIF    1,528
1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Ron Romanick

He had a outstanding future till his cuff blew up!..... Ronny and Mooney were our early future starters that were up and coming in the 80's! Romanick pitched three seasons with us two were great! and Mooney pitched one season in Oakland.

Romanick coming up threw gas! Mooneyham had no clue where it was going but also threw very hard.

Angel Oracle    5,481
1 minute ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

He had a outstanding future till his cuff blew up!..... Ronny and Mooney were our early future starters that were up and coming!

Mooney?    McCaskill?