jordan111280

Kinsler claimed...

66 posts in this topic

red321    3,159

I wonder what claiming Kinsler would do to payroll/luxury...where do the Angels currently sit in regards to being over the threshold?

Kinsler might not be a bad pickup, though I think you'd need to add an additional starter and probably a left handed bat if the Angels were really going "all in" on the WC spot. If they weren't over the threshold...that would certainly push them over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troll Daddy    2,851
2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Speaking of Escobar, I'm trying to see a silver lining in his slash line and offensive production since he's below average defensively at 3B.

Nope, still can't find anything...  .274/.333/.397 with just 7 HR and 1 SB. 

Look all you want but the reality is Yescobar will play over Cowart when he returns if Kinsler gets claimed by Eppler. 

Don't shoot the messenger 

:dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chuckster70    8,289
1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Look all you want but the reality is Yescobar will play over Cowart when he returns if Kinsler gets claimed by Eppler. 

Don't shoot the messenger 

:dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon:

Is that what you think is right or is that what you think Sosh will do. 

If it's the latter fine. If it's the prior, then you just.....

:troll-arms-rage-smiley-emoticon:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Erstad Grit    1,000
16 minutes ago, red321 said:

I wonder what claiming Kinsler would do to payroll/luxury...where do the Angels currently sit in regards to being over the threshold?

Kinsler might not be a bad pickup, though I think you'd need to add an additional starter and probably a left handed bat if the Angels were really going "all in" on the WC spot. If they weren't over the threshold...that would certainly push them over.

I think I read he's only owed like 3 million for the remainder of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
red321    3,159

I understand that, I just seem to recall that the Halos were pretty close to being over the threshold...though in February they were about 10 million under. Not sure if there were any significant additions to that number. Maybe @Jeff Fletcher can chime in at some point. He gets paid to know that kind of stuff!

Edited by red321

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nando714    3,095
12 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Don't think it was us

Why is it such a secret lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fan_since79    5,575
2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don't like the guy, but he would be an upgrade and I will take him.  

LOL, what would not be an upgrade at this point?

Edited by fan_since79
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rico    492

People keep mentioning his great defense at 2B.  You know who else has great defense at second?  Espinosa.

His 5 million buy-out next year would be better used on an actual good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lou    9,811

I'm guessing Milwaukee. They were after him before the non-waiver deadline 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lou    9,811
5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don't think there's any chance it was us. 

That Pujols line is tough to read.

Jeff, Arte always says he'd go over the threshold "for the right player".  Do you see that happening soon? 

Edited by Lou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dochalo    10,681
7 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

Would you give up Jones or Marsh for him?

If we did, I would message board punch Eppler in the junk.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason    3,883
53 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't think there's any chance it was us. 

That Pujols line is tough to read.

Jeff, Arte always says he'd go over the threshold "for the right player".  Do you see that happening soon? 

Espinosa, Chavez, Valbuena, Street and Richards. $34 million! Talk about a crap return on your investment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lou    9,811
31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Espinosa, Chavez, Valbuena, Street and Richards. $34 million! Talk about a crap return on your investment

Simmons, Maldonado, Petit, Meyer and Bridwell. $14 million.

Cha-Ching! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glen    6,439
17 hours ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Hopefully the Angels claimed him. He plays great defense and Cowart is better at 3rd. Do you really want to see more of Marte and Valbuena at 3rd? 

 

Cowart is already back in the doghouse (apparently) because he couldn't maintain a .400+ BA.  What makes you think he'd get starts at 3B over Marte or Valbuena?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glen    6,439
8 hours ago, Lou said:

I don't think there's any chance it was us. 

That Pujols line is tough to read.

Jeff, Arte always says he'd go over the threshold "for the right player".  Do you see that happening soon? 

 

 

That sounds like when I tell my daughter "I'll think about it."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angel Oracle    5,557
7 hours ago, Jason said:

Espinosa, Chavez, Valbuena, Street and Richards. $34 million! Talk about a crap return on your investment

Add Ghost Pujols and Hackilton.

Think about it.   $80+ million AAV to net basically ZILCH other than Ghost Pujols' .650 OPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylor    3,844
19 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Escobar is kind of a douche too.

He's more of a goof than a douche. Kind of like Aybar but stranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taylor    3,844
16 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

Would you give up Jones or Marsh for him?

F no.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tdawg87    13,071

It was probably Dipoto. He wants to ship Segura over to Detroit but the Tigers are asking for Paxton as well. Dipoto is considering it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ettin    2,193
15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It was probably Dipoto. He wants to ship Segura over to Detroit but the Tigers are asking for Paxton as well. Dipoto is considering it.

Not surprised, the fantasy trade deadlines are almost up and he's not going to get anymore use out of Paxton to try and win the regular season anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now