jordan111280

Kinsler claimed...

75 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't think there's any chance it was us. 

That Pujols line is tough to read.

Jeff, Arte always says he'd go over the threshold "for the right player".  Do you see that happening soon? 

Espinosa, Chavez, Valbuena, Street and Richards. $34 million! Talk about a crap return on your investment

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

Espinosa, Chavez, Valbuena, Street and Richards. $34 million! Talk about a crap return on your investment

Simmons, Maldonado, Petit, Meyer and Bridwell. $14 million.

Cha-Ching! 

• Like 7

17 hours ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

Hopefully the Angels claimed him. He plays great defense and Cowart is better at 3rd. Do you really want to see more of Marte and Valbuena at 3rd? 

Cowart is already back in the doghouse (apparently) because he couldn't maintain a .400+ BA.  What makes you think he'd get starts at 3B over Marte or Valbuena?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lou said:

I don't think there's any chance it was us. 

That Pujols line is tough to read.

Jeff, Arte always says he'd go over the threshold "for the right player".  Do you see that happening soon? 

That sounds like when I tell my daughter "I'll think about it."

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Add Ghost Pujols and Hackilton.

Think about it.   $80+ million AAV to net basically ZILCH other than Ghost Pujols' .650 OPS

19 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Escobar is kind of a douche too.

He's more of a goof than a douche. Kind of like Aybar but stranger.

16 hours ago, KevinJ14 said:

Would you give up Jones or Marsh for him?

F no.

• Like 2

It was probably Dipoto. He wants to ship Segura over to Detroit but the Tigers are asking for Paxton as well. Dipoto is considering it.

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It was probably Dipoto. He wants to ship Segura over to Detroit but the Tigers are asking for Paxton as well. Dipoto is considering it.

Not surprised, the fantasy trade deadlines are almost up and he's not going to get anymore use out of Paxton to try and win the regular season anyway.

3 hours ago, ettin said:

That makes a lot of sense to be honest, Jonathan Villar has been severely under-performing.

The Brewers have been underperforming 

On August 11, 2017 at 3:18 PM, red321 said:

I understand that, I just seem to recall that the Halos were pretty close to being over the threshold...though in February they were about 10 million under. Not sure if there were any significant additions to that number. Maybe @Jeff Fletcher can chime in at some point. He gets paid to know that kind of stuff!

He posted it yesterda, in case you missed it. 

Anybody else see this trade coming in the off-season? Bringing in Kinsler, based on his what he did prior to this season and ignoring his obvious decline, would fit in perfectly with Arte/Sosh's track record. The only thing that would make him more attractive to Arte is is he had about an extra 3 or 4 years and 50+ million left on his deal.

6 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Anybody else see this trade coming in the off-season? Bringing in Kinsler, based on his what he did prior to this season and ignoring his obvious decline, would fit in perfectly with Arte/Sosh's track record. The only thing that would make him more attractive to Arte is is he had about an extra 3 or 4 years and 50+ million left on his deal.

Tigers can pickup his $10M option for 2018 and then trade him. I would kick the tires on a trade if that happens.

11 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

What year do you live in?

11 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

In the year twenty-five twenty-five...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

You just don't hear enough good Zager and Evans these days

• Like 1

On August 13, 2017 at 9:32 AM, CanadianHalo said:

Get Brandon Phillips dammit

I'm on it 

1 hour ago, gurn67 said:

Did you actually go back a month to frankenstein a thread about Ian Kinsler to take a cliched whack at Arte and Scioscia?

that's kind of sad

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

I'm already in the year Seventy-Five Seventy-Five.