VariousCrap

I'm Going To Say It....

46 posts in this topic

VariousCrap    869

The offense is finally awake and Heaney and Meyer will be here soon.  This team is finally ready to make a move.

• Like 1

Troll Daddy    2,837
10 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

The offense is finally awake and Heaney and Meyer will be here soon.  This team is finally ready to make a move.

Kinsler would be a nice move ... it makes perfect sense

Billy_Ball    614

Bailey should be back soon for bullpen help.  He's almost done with his rehab assignment.  If he pitches like last August and September that would be a big help for our WC run.

• Like 2

Glen    6,414
16 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Kinsler would be a nice move ... it makes perfect sense

Of course, it depends upon the cost. He has a team option for next year so he could be more than a rental. Yes, he's better than what we have but he's having an off year. Proceed with caution.

• Like 1

Lou    9,751

Kinsler was placed on revocable waivers and was claimed by an unidentified team. 

Dochalo    10,644
1 minute ago, Lou said:

Kinsler was placed on revocable waivers and was claimed by an unidentified team. 

so we got him then?  we should have traded Espinosa for him when we had the chance.  

Lou    9,751
13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

so we got him then?  we should have traded Espinosa for him when we had the chance.  

Yes, we got him.

However, he's not allowed to be on our field 

• Haha 4

Jeff Fletcher    1,518
1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

Meyer is not even playing long toss. He is weeks away.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Taylor    3,824
8 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Meyer is not even playing long toss. He is weeks ASBs away.

Fixed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Debbie Downer 1

nando714    3,083

It's too bad Jerry Blevins didn't make it through waivers

would have loved to add him to our pen

whats Joe Thatcher up to?

Angel Oracle    5,480

Beginning to see why the Twins just about gave away Meyer, seems to be injury prone to go with the command issues.

Think about it, dude is already 27 with limited MLB innings.

VariousCrap    869
11 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ok...so September?  Around the same time Richards may return?  It is still a positive.  

Also, with Heaney coming back, that means the Angels will have Skaggs, Heaney, Bridwell and Ramirez as four of the five starters.  That will be the strongest four they have had going at the same time all year.  Add in the possibility of Scribner playing a part in the rotation and things look very positive for the last two months of the season.

Chuckster70    8,166
11 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Remember when it was reported that Meyer's injury wasn't a big deal, that he'd probably just miss 1-2 starts? 

Good times! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

GrittyVeterans    201
2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Beginning to see why the Twins just about gave away Meyer, seems to be injury prone to go with the command issues.

Think about it, dude is already 27 with limited MLB innings.

He's obviously got issues but the upside is tremendous as he's shown this year. Angels still win that trade once Nolasco is gone from the team

You're not going to get a perfect pitcher for Hector Santiago. Eppler went with the upside which is a smart move, and paid off this year. Hopefully he can come back in September and make a few starts down the stretch

• Like 1

Dick B Back    907
2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You're not going to get a perfect pitcher for Hector Santiago.

Eppler did a fine job just finding someone to take Santiago so we wouldn't have to watch him anymore. If Meyer works out, its icing on the cake.

• Like 2

Jeff Fletcher    1,518
57 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Remember when it was reported that Meyer's injury wasn't a big deal, that he'd probably just miss 1-2 starts? 

Good times! 

I don't believe that was reported this time. That was with his back, which did turn out to be minor. 

Anyway, until he gets to a mound, I wouldn't pencil him in at all. 

• Like 3

Chuckster70    8,166
5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don't believe that was reported this time. That was with his back, which did turn out to be minor. 

Anyway, until he gets to a mound, I wouldn't pencil him in at all. 

I was referring to this tweet. I thought I saw that he'd just miss a start or two, but "relatively quick" return for the Angels pitchers could be months. 

Mike Scioscia says Alex Meyer had an MRI and the tests encourage them that he can be back relatively quickly. #Angels

• Like 1

AngelsLakersFan    3,067
30 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I was referring to this tweet. I thought I saw that he'd just miss a start or two, but "relatively quick" return for the Angels pitchers could be months. 

Mike Scioscia says Alex Meyer had an MRI and the tests encourage them that he can be back relatively quickly. #Angels

Apparently Scioscia meant 'relatively' in comparison to Skaggs / Heaney / Richards / Shoemaker

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Scotty@AW    3,088

In my five bold predictions to begin the year, I predicted the Angels would make the playoffs. I'm feeling pretty good about that right now. They're playing good baseball. I mean if you can beat a division rival with Ricky Nolasco on the mound and trailing by four runs in the sixth inning, you're rolling along.

• Like 1

VariousCrap    869
5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

In my five bold predictions to begin the year, I predicted the Angels would make the playoffs. I'm feeling pretty good about that right now. They're playing good baseball. I mean if you can beat a division rival with Ricky Nolasco on the mound and trailing by four runs in the sixth inning, you're rolling along.

It helps when your team finally gets hot at the plate and starts getting back some key pitchers.  It is coming together.

stormngt    1,066
2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Good times! 

Doesn't always turn out to be weeks longer than first predicted!

Jeff Fletcher    1,518
10 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I didn't remember that. Yeah, obviously they were wrong. 

Just tonight they said he had another setback. They still say once he gets going, it could go quickly, but as long as he's stalled, I have no idea how long it will take.  

• Like 2

I think they have a chance but I've seen too much ebb and flow throughout the season to count on it.  What mystifies me is that the pitching has outperformed the hitting.  They can find pitchers but still have more problems with offense.

Angel Oracle    5,480
19 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

He's obviously got issues but the upside is tremendous as he's shown this year. Angels still win that trade once Nolasco is gone from the team

You're not going to get a perfect pitcher for Hector Santiago. Eppler went with the upside which is a smart move, and paid off this year. Hopefully he can come back in September and make a few starts down the stretch

I get that.   Just hope Meyer can possibly stay healthy enough one season down the road, and see what happens.