VariousCrap

I'm Going To Say It....

46 posts in this topic

Homebrewer    3,919

Here we go again.

Miss the playoffs by 1 game (or get clobbered in the WC round) and pick high 20's in the draft.

Can't wait.

Scioscia extension...how long?

• Debbie Downer 1

floplag    608
6 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Here we go again.

Miss the playoffs by 1 game (or get clobbered in the WC round) and pick high 20's in the draft.

Can't wait.

#1, it doesnt have to be that way if the FO does its job half as well as the players have.  
#2 this is why i dont get whatever the  plan is... playing 500 ball wont help build the farm in any kind of short term 3-5 year window so please tell me how they plan to improve? 

Stradling    11,472
8 minutes ago, floplag said:

#1, it doesnt have to be that way if the FO does its job half as well as the players have.  
#2 this is why i dont get whatever the  plan is... playing 500 ball wont help build the farm in any kind of short term 3-5 year window so please tell me how they plan to improve? 

If the players did their job and produced the front office wouldn't have to plug holes.  Plug hole at 2nd because Espinosa couldn't hit.  Plug hole at 1st because Cron, Marte AND Valbuena started slow.  

• Like 2

Stradling    11,472
17 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Here we go again.

Can't wait.

To watch you whine about it or to vow not to watch games because a grown man caused another grown man to stop watching the games, it would almost be worth it to give him an extension. 

floplag    608
2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If the players did their job and produced the front office wouldn't have to plug holes.  Plug hole at 2nd because Espinosa couldn't hit.  Plug hole at 1st because Cron, Marte AND Valbuena started slow.  

i put this in another thread as i think it needs to be addressed, but you should have known those guys were nothing more than clean peanut dumpster specials.   They are exactly what im referring too.  Terrible bargain basement signing that were never going ot take us anywhere.  But the point is they have gotten back in it, lets live in the now shall we?  rigth now we have a shot. 

Stradling    11,472
2 minutes ago, floplag said:

i put this in another thread as i think it needs to be addressed, but you should have known those guys were nothing more than clean peanut dumpster specials.   They are exactly what im referring too.  Terrible bargain basement signing that were never going ot take us anywhere.  But the point is they have gotten back in it, lets live in the now shall we?  rigth now we have a shot. 

Cron has been instrumental in this run they are on.  We would be hard pressed to improve over him in August.  

• Like 1

floplag    608
Just now, Stradling said:

Cron has been instrumental in this run they are on.  We would be hard pressed to improve over him in August.  

And thats our only concern?    When i still see Valbuena, Marte, and others in the lineup im kinda thinking its not.   

Stradling    11,472
Just now, floplag said:

And thats our only concern?    When i still see Valbuena, Marte, and others in the lineup im kinda thinking its not.   

Maybe you know more about this than I do.  What third baseman have cleared waivers?  I read a lot but I don't think I've seen any good third baseman.  There is probably someone I'm not thinking of.  

• Like 1

AngelsLakersFan    3,083
1 hour ago, Stradling said:

That's on the front office not on the players.

Stradling    11,472
Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

That's on the front office not on the players.

It's a chicken and the egg scenario.  

AngelsLakersFan    3,083
Just now, Stradling said:

It's a chicken and the egg scenario.  

We can go back and forth on the merits of the choices they made, but the bottom line is that those were almost complete failures. Espinosa is no longer a major league caliber player, Valbuena hasn't worked out, and Cron never should've been platooned. These are the results and this is a results base business.

GrittyVeterans    215

Maybe you know more about this than I do.  What third baseman have cleared waivers?  I read a lot but I don't think I've seen any good third baseman.  There is probably someone I'm not thinking of.  

We don't need a 3rd baseman. We need a 2nd baseman (Kinsler) so we can move Cowart to 3rd. 

Stradling    11,472
47 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

We don't need a 3rd baseman. We need a 2nd baseman (Kinsler) so we can move Cowart to 3rd. 

Ok, well he was claimed and they were unable to make a trade.  He's no longer available.

GrittyVeterans    215

Ok, well he was claimed and they were unable to make a trade.  He's no longer available.

Thanks..hadn't seen that yet

Now i wish eppler traded for Walker in hindsight

• Like 1

VariousCrap    896

I think if Eppler finds a deal that makes sense for the team this month, he'll do it.  If no moves happen, it is not because Eppler wasn't trying.  Teams aren't just going to give away guys like Verlander and Kemp because they have big contracts.  They will still want prospects.

• Like 1