Sign in to follow this  
nate

2017-2018 General NFL Thread

213 posts in this topic

Biggest thing going for KC is that the West does not seem as strong as last year, the Raiders are mediocre.  The Broncos seem decent.

Biggest thing going against KC is that Andy Reid is still in charge.  Looking at the remaining schedule, only the Broncos will be tough games.  Rest are cupcakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nate said:

Biggest thing going for KC is that the West does not seem as strong as last year, the Raiders are mediocre.  The Broncos seem decent.

Biggest thing going against KC is that Andy Reid is still in charge.  Looking at the remaining schedule, only the Broncos will be tough games.  Rest are cupcakes.

The biggest thing going for KC is that through 5 weeks there's no other dominant AFC team.  NE has picked it up in the last few weeks but they've still left points on the board that they didn't in year's past while their defense has been mediocre at best.  Pitt's offense hasn't found a rhythm and Ben looked atrocious last game even though they were still in it after he had thrown 3 of his 5 picks.  I think the other big thing going against KC aside from Reid is the fact that Smith isn't the type of QB who's going to make big plays to bring you back into a game and sooner or later they're going to need that, especially in the playoffs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Following in the footsteps of Emmit Smith and Edgerrin James

Smith ran for nearly a 1000 yds his last season and Edge had a successful playoff run (finally being able to run the ball) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The biggest thing going for KC is that through 5 weeks there's no other dominant AFC team.  NE has picked it up in the last few weeks but they've still left points on the board that they didn't in year's past while their defense has been mediocre at best.  Pitt's offense hasn't found a rhythm and Ben looked atrocious last game even though they were still in it after he had thrown 3 of his 5 picks.  I think the other big thing going against KC aside from Reid is the fact that Smith isn't the type of QB who's going to make big plays to bring you back into a game and sooner or later they're going to need that, especially in the playoffs.  

I think we are beatable, but agree with the AFC....we can also beat any of them at anytime and are beating really quality teams with a complete squad. But the injuries are piling up.

My only disagreement is that Smith has been a MVP candidate so far. The offense has said they looked at when he was more than mediocre and went to that and it has been the difference with his play letting him do what he did in college. I also see more down field play which is rare but working. He's actually won tough games in the fourth against Philly and Washington. I think a bit of it is also the Chiefs grabbing a potential franchise QB in the first round for the first time since 1983 and he is playing with a chip on his shoulder as Mahomes looked solid in the preseason.

We'll see. The west is still the best division in the NFL, but injury ridden and I think of the Chiefs in the playoffs like I did the Angels in the 90's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Smith ran for nearly a 1000 yds his last season and Edge had a successful playoff run (finally being able to run the ball) 

Just a general observation that they seem to be a tad late to the superstar running back party. 

I feel your pain on draft selection. I was pretty stoked that Shanahan traded up to snag Haloti Ngata only to to be crushed by the selection of Jay Cutler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Just a general observation that they seem to be a tad late to the superstar running back party. 

I feel your pain on draft selection. I was pretty stoked that Shanahan traded up to snag Haloti Ngata only to to be crushed by the selection of Jay Cutler

I agree. That David Johnson guy was pretty good when he’s healthy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers broke is collarbone and could miss the rest of the season.  The only way he comes back is if he's healthy and they still have a chance to make the playoffs. 

A buddy and I were out watching the games and couldn't figure out what the hell happened because it went from looking like a jets TD to NE ball.  Figured it was the same thing that happened to Gurley last week but on watching the replay it just didn't look as clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, mtangelsfan said:

I like the Chiefs ok but Andy Reid still doesn't know how to manage a clock, at all.  I've never seen anyone worse.

This always made me laugh off of sample size.

Plus, you never see the opposite, “Oh coach so and so? Yeah, that dude has great clock management!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options