Sign in to follow this  
nate

2017-2018 General NFL Thread

90 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Absolutely horrible call against the jets.  Fix is in

for sure. first, NE gets a bogus TD when there's no way in thunder that ball broke the plane, and then the jets get robbed on a TD where he "lost control". all nonsense and makes it look like the fix is in for NE.

There is nothing more classically Raiders than getting a good stop and blowing it with a roughing the passer.

I was sure that the Raiders would not score after that fluke TD they got.  I was wrong.  This was such a good offense last year when Carr was healthy, and so awful this year.

Now KC scores a fluke TD.

TNF games have been really good this year for the first time ever.

Lots of parity 

best records might only have 11-12 wins 

That was a great game... the ending was wild.

All I can figure is the Chiefs defense thought they could get away with holding because it was the end of the game, but they were pretty obvious calls.

are we sure he really isn't a raiders fan just wearing a bills jersey?

boy, the packers sure missed aaron rodgers yesterday.

suh is a punk and the league is going to have come down hard on him at some point. can't keep letting this clown do crap like this.

During the Bears/Saints game Zach Miller came down with what should have been a TD catch and dislocated his knee.  On review the refs overturned the catch and the only thing the announcers could come up with is that the refs felt he didn't maintain possession when he let go of the ball as he was laying there in pain.  Apparently the dislocation is so severe that they had to have an emergency surgery in hopes of saving his leg:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/surgeons-reportedly-trying-to-save-zach-millers-leg-after-gruesome-knee-injury/    

5 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

During the Bears/Saints game Zach Miller came down with what should have been a TD catch and dislocated his knee.  On review the refs overturned the catch and the only thing the announcers could come up with is that the refs felt he didn't maintain possession when he let go of the ball as he was laying there in pain.  Apparently the dislocation is so severe that they had to have an emergency surgery in hopes of saving his leg:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/surgeons-reportedly-trying-to-save-zach-millers-leg-after-gruesome-knee-injury/    

didn't see it until this morning. holy smoke that was awful. don't know what his outlook is, but i'm guessing returning to football is going to be very low on his list. here's hoping he ends up being able to walk normally again.

They're now saying doctor's were able to stabilize his leg:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/doctors-stabilize-leg-of-bears-zach-miller-following-emergency-surgery/

Last year right before the 2016 season started Minnesota QB Teddy Bridgewater tore his ACL and dislocated his left knee.  It came out shortly after the injury that he almost lost his leg and the quick response of the team medical staff prevented that.  Bridgewater was cleared a few weeks back and may be returning in the next week or two.  Hopefully Miller fully recovers and is able to play again if he chooses to.

8 hours ago, nate said:

Will the Broncos score tonight?

At least they didn't get shut out tonight.  The reality is that the offense is pretty much terrible across the board - bad O-line, Siemian is what you'd expect out of a 7th round QB and they turn the ball over too often which a bad offense can't afford to do.  On top of that special teams continues to make mistakes whether it's during kick returns or kick coverage which again is something no team can afford to do but especially not when your offense is anemic.    

Chiefs should have killed this game early, that is my worry.

But still won giving 7 1/2

Deshaun Watson most likely (as I write this some writers saying it's confirmed) tore his ACL in practice on a non-contact play:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-reportedly-fear-that-deshaun-watson-suffered-a-torn-acl-in-practice/

Guy was having an amazing year to start his career and gave Houston hope in a weak division.  Terrible.

shame about watson. he was fun to watch. hope his recovery goes well and he's back at it again next year.

On 11/3/2017 at 4:48 PM, Tank said:

shame about watson. he was fun to watch. hope his recovery goes well and he's back at it again next year.

Tom Savage . Yikes !

AFC looks like it’s Steelers/Pats

NFC looks like anyone’s conference. 

Between the reviews and the penalties football has become an unwatchable pile of boredom and moronic commercials 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Between the reviews and the penalties football has become an unwatchable pile of boredom and moronic commercials 

This post is under further review.

I'm gobsmacked that the Jaguars are (a) above .500, (b) in first place in the division (yes, I know it's the AFC South), and (c) might actually make the playoffs. My memory almost doesn't go back far enough to remember any of this happening.