Sign in to follow this  
Homebrewer

AW Milestone Reached

29 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

So...noticed this just a moment ago. I wonder who got the millionth post?

Total Posts

Our old board had over 10 million from 2007-2013, and the board before that (Snitz) had 874,131 posts from 2005-2007. Our board before that was ghetto and on an MS access database (2004-2005), so I'm not sure what the total post count was on that. Adam, Victor, Oz, John Ward and a few others posted on it during the early stages. 

37 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Lifetime is back?

Someone joked about it yesterday or the day before in a different thread so I was just trying to be cute.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I should have been paying attention..  I'm not sure how I can track this data down on the backend, but I'll try. :)

I know you can select an individual post from the front end and it appears to give the post number in the URL, but it doesn't appear to be the actual post's number (as in, the millionth post would not have 1000000 in it). Maybe some way to go from there on the back end, though?

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

Someone joked about it yesterday or the day before in a different thread so I was just trying to be cute.

That was me, I figured we might as well bring him back to bump up the post count.  

4 hours ago, ettin said:

There are some things you can joke around with......and there are others that can get you banned.

how many are here from the old ESPN board?

I still remember the seemless move from the ESPN board (which was pretty active back then before the trolls became too much and there were some other issues).

But Chuck started AW up and folks here never looked back.  A million posts later and AW standing tall.

Congrats to Chuck and all who do the nitty gritty day to day stuff to keep the site going and thanks to all the posters here for making it worth sticking around all this time.

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I should have been paying attention..  I'm not sure how I can track this data down on the backend, but I'll try. :)

Shut down the site for a few hours and then start counting backwards from the most recent post .