Sign in to follow this  
calscuf

#metoo

1,376 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Wait, saying boobs is now sexist?  At this rate, I'll be arrested for walking out the door.

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I know this is going to trigger some people but is there any point where we are allowed to question the veracity of any of these stories?

From the original article.

McGrath issued a second statement later Wednesday to provide context.
"At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures," McGrath said. "To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women's rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely."

So this has become a thing he does, he's a butt grabber.  

I’ve read some ridiculous #metoo stories as well.  This is a tough topic because it covers such a broad range and is so subjective.  Obviously what one woman finds unacceptable and invasive may be different for another woman.  Also, like I said the range is so wide from essentially harmless to serious sexual assault.  Women that sensationalize poor taste don’t really help their cause. 

That all said, for us dudes.  Like, come on. respect the women you’re around.  You should not be grabbing at a lady.  Period.  Especially one you don’t know.  It’s rude and extremely unseemly.  I’ve never thought this is a good idea and done anything like that. I don’t think I know anyone who does this.   Who are these dudes ? 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I know this is going to trigger some people but is there any point where we are allowed to question the veracity of any of these stories?

Why should it trigger anyone ?  Even the less egregious stories are integrity issues.  If you’re gonna assault someone’s integrity it better be a true story.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Every man who went to college is a rapist. If they're white, they're also nazis. The end.

This is such a ridiculous exaggeration.  Nobody in history has had a better deal then the white American college educated man.  Objective fact. 

If you think thiis is ok, imagine Hillary Clinton doing it to you. Or, imagine an older Bill Clinton doing it to your daughter.

If there's a scale for sexual harassment this is definitely at the bottom (heh heh) of it, but yeah...it's still something. 

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

If you think thiis is ok, imagine Hillary Clinton doing it to you. Or, imagine an older Bill Clinton doing it to your daughter.

If there's a scale for sexual harassment this is definitely at the bottom (heh heh) of it, but yeah...it's still something. 

That you for using the correct descriptive term. 

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is such a ridiculous exaggeration.  Nobody in history has had a better deal then the white American college educated man.  Objective fact. 

What does "had a better deal" mean in this context? Without looking up numbers, the group you reference has probably had the most collective success, sure. That doesn't really mean anything though.

Are you arguing said group is the recipient of some kind of recent systemic favoritism?

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

What does "had a better deal" mean in this context? Without looking up numbers, the group you reference has probably had the most collective success, sure. That doesn't really mean anything though.

Are you arguing said group is the recipient of some kind of recent systemic favoritism?

Yes, absolutely.  Is this something that surprises you ? 

18 minutes ago, Glen said:

Did you vote for Bill for his second term?

36 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Umm of course it was an exaggeration. It was intended to be a ridciulous exaggeration. In terms of your second statement, so what?