Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

More Thoughts & Prayers

1,496 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Probably too soon for a "vehicles kill" thread.  So I guess we'll all just offer more Ts & Ps.

 

 

If you think it's too soon for a vapid "vehicles kill" thread, you might want to check the second post in the thread about the terrorist attack itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

If you think it's too soon for a vapid "vehicles kill" thread, you might want to check the second post in the thread about the terrorist attack itself.

I don't think he was serious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, red321 said:

feel free to discuss how you think we can deal with vehicular terrorist attacks, looking forward to your contribution on the subject

I do wonder how a dedicated bike trail so close to a sensitive location like the WTC didn't have obstacles in place to block vehicular traffic. Even if to prevent people turning onto it by accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

If you think it's too soon for a vapid "vehicles kill" thread, you might want to check the second post in the thread about the terrorist attack itself.

I appreciate that the thread wasn't vapid enough for you not to post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I do wonder how a dedicated bike trail so close to a sensitive location like the WTC didn't have obstacles in place to block vehicular traffic. Even if to prevent people turning onto it by accident.

That is surprising, you would think that's one of the first things they'd do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I do wonder how a dedicated bike trail so close to a sensitive location like the WTC didn't have obstacles in place to block vehicular traffic. Even if to prevent people turning onto it by accident.

 

It's a really good point.  Why our cities are set up to put pedestrians and cyclist so close is puzzling. 

Drunk drivers, young drivers, old drivers and (in this latest case) terrorists.  Seems like all of the deaths from these machines are just past off as an unfortunate part of our society.  Just part of our freedom. 

Mandatory breathalyzers in all vehicles?  Too expensive.  Mandatory bi-annual behind the wheel driving test?  Too much government overreach.  Senors on sidewalks that would automatically kill a vehicles engine if it crossed over?  Too expensive. 

There's an excuse for everything.  So let's just keep sending those Ts & Ps.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I do wonder how a dedicated bike trail so close to a sensitive location like the WTC didn't have obstacles in place to block vehicular traffic. Even if to prevent people turning onto it by accident.

The other thing I noted...looks like he jumped out of the truck with a pellet gun meaning he probably couldn't get his hands on a real gun. Probably saved a few lives 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, red321 said:

The other thing I noted...looks like he jumped out of the truck with a pellet gun meaning he probably couldn't get his hands on a real gun. Probably saved a few lives 

I think he was trying for suicide by cop. If he can rent a truck from home Depot he could have certainly aquired a gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think he was trying for suicide by cop. If he can rent a truck from home Depot he could have certainly aquired a gun.

I don't disagree on the suicide by cop, those virgins will have to wait I guess. I'm guessing the laws in NY/NJ for renting a truck from home depot are a bit more restrictive than acquiring a gun, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Geoff said:

 

It's a really good point.  Why our cities are set up to put pedestrians and cyclist so close is puzzling. 

Drunk drivers, young drivers, old drivers and (in this latest case) terrorists.  Seems like all of the deaths from these machines are just past off as an unfortunate part of our society.  Just part of our freedom. 

Mandatory breathalyzers in all vehicles?  Too expensive.  Mandatory bi-annual behind the wheel driving test?  Too much government overreach.  Senors on sidewalks that would automatically kill a vehicles engine if it crossed over?  Too expensive. 

There's an excuse for everything.  So let's just keep sending those Ts & Ps.

 

 

Geoff's proposal. No damn terrorist truckers are going to ruin this beach front. 

Dragons-Teeth.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, red321 said:

I don't disagree on the suicide by cop, those virgins will have to wait I guess. I'm guessing the laws in NY/NJ for renting a truck from home depot are a bit more restrictive than acquiring a gun, but I could be wrong.

He's from Florida. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options