Sign in to follow this  
Geoff

More Thoughts & Prayers

1,496 posts in this topic

I also call for a government sponsored buy back program.  Turn in your alcohol and get money back

Oh, and alcohol consumers have tiny dicks.  Well, that is according to cals, who makes sure and checks.

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Hmm, background checks for family history of alcoholism.  Limit number of containers purchased during one day.  Register all known consumers of alcohol.

How is a background check for alcoholism going to save lives?

How is limiting the purchase of alcohol related products in any given time period save lives?

How does registering those who buy alcohol related products going to save lives?

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Why not?  Think of how many lives this could save.  What, do you love death?

You may have a point. 

Man, you clearly care about this. I'm sure that given your true concern for this, you've contacted your legislator and expressed your concern. Surely you haven't limited your genuine interest in this obviously very important to you topic to this baseball site subforum. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

How is a background check for alcoholism going to save lives?

How is limiting the purchase of alcohol related products in any given time period save lives?

How does registering those who buy alcohol related products going to save lives?

It's the first steps in the process to getting the 21st amendment reinstated.

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

It's the first steps in the process to getting the 21st amendment reinstated.

Naw, these are just more government intrusions into law abiding citizens lives. I thought you guys were Libertarians?

30 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Naw, these are just more government intrusions into law abiding citizens lives. I thought you guys were Libertarians?

Are you suggesting that death is a part of life and that any death caused by something other than natural causes is tragic, but that doesn't mean we should look to over regulate everything?

Change is only fair and appropriate when one group of people has no interest in something and wants those who are interested in something to give it up. 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Change is only fair and appropriate when one group of people has no interest in something and wants those who are interested in something to give it up. 

This is true.  I don't drink.

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

I'll pass on Ivanka if it means that people like this grandmother would get to live.

Well,granny, you've lived a long life. However . . . 

7 hours ago, Tank said:

here's the point where i stopped reading.

"... if it means that people like this grandmother would get to live."

What can I say.  I'm pro-life.

.05 could be one drink.  And the consequences for a DUI are severe and many people aren’t impaired at .05.  Maybe between .05 and .08 you have to take alcohol management classes or something but not full blown DUI.