Sign in to follow this  
Make Angels Great Again

I'm so &#@%ing pumped right now

35 posts in this topic

I agree.

Upton, Kinsler, Cozart and the #1 FA of the off-season in Ohtani.

Still some other work to be done I'm told too. 

Wow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between getting Upton mid season till now, Hes set the club up perfectly IMO.  
You have to figure right now we are definitely a playoff team with 90+ wins.
This off season has to have made the club 10 wins better at least. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our lineup is stellar and our defense could be one of the best in ages. Still a lot of pitching question marks though for starters, relief, and closers. We do have a lot of bodies though, just if they can stay healthy and perform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If we hit our potential I think we're capable of 100 wins, personally.

If the rotation lives up to promise, i agree, 90 is conservative at this point assuming a few stumbles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Bring in CC and Wade Davis before Christmas Eve and we'll see you in February!....

I want this to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree.

Upton, Kinsler, Cozart and the #1 FA of the off-season in Ohtani.

Still some other work to be done I'm told too. 

Wow 

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 12.32.16 PM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 12.32.16 PM.png

Yeah, hes not done IMO.  He done the obvious, albeit in a very creative manner, but i think now we see what hes really made of.  
I think he replaces Cron, find 1-2 relievers, maybe even a starter before he hibernates for the winter.  
He is literally what DiPoto wishes he was. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still need a closer. Don’t trust Parker, Middleton , or bedrosian

another starter would be nice

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring in CC Sabathia, a 4th Outfielder and a reliever... call it an AMAZING offseason with hardly any money/prospects spent.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to move on from Valbuena and Cron and find a replacement there but I’m guessing Eppy is done with the offense (minus 4th outfielder) 

Im down for Sabathia and a reliever. Sabathia is usually good for 5 innings a start 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

I have a feeling Hermosillo might get the nod for 4th outfielder.

Makes all the sense in the world. Minimum pay, plays all 3 of positions well, has some pop in the bat, can be a good pinch runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't just the fact that Eppler landed a front of the rotation starter, DH, new starting 2B, 3B, got a new big bat LF (resigned actually), a couple relievers that should be pretty good and two good prospects.

Its the fact that he got all of this for much cheaper than expected.

Shohei Ohtani, Ian Kinsler, Jim Johnson, Kevin Maitan, and Livan Soto for Troy Montgomery, Wilkel Hernandez, and a total of 22 million. You make that deal every time. 

Then in free agency, Elvin Rodriguez, Grayson Long and 5/106 for Upton and 3/38 with no draft pick compensation for Cozart. 

Yeah, we lost a couple future #3/4/5 starters, a late inning reliever and 4th OF. But we also got a future 3B that has drawn comparisons to Miguel Cabrera or Chipper Jones, and a future SS with upside.

There's no possible way to spin this one other than to say that Eppler has pulled off what many (myself included) would've thought impossible two months ago.

The best defense in baseball and the full season addition of Upton, Kinsler, Cozart and Ohtani to an offense that lacked firepower.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

It isn't just the fact that Eppler landed a front of the rotation starter, DH, new starting 2B, 3B, got a new big bat LF (resigned actually), a couple relievers that should be pretty good and two good prospects.

Its the fact that he got all of this for much cheaper than expected.

Shohei Ohtani, Ian Kinsler, Jim Johnson, Kevin Maitan, and Livan Soto for Troy Montgomery, Wilkel Hernandez, and a total of 22 million. You make that deal every time. 

Then in free agency, Elvin Rodriguez, Grayson Long and 5/106 for Upton and 3/38 with no draft pick compensation for Cozart. 

Yeah, we lost a couple future #3/4/5 starters, a late inning reliever and 4th OF. But we also got a future 3B that has drawn comparisons to Miguel Cabrera or Chipper Jones, and a future SS with upside.

There's no possible way to spin this one other than to say that Eppler has pulled off what many (myself included) would've thought impossible two months ago.

The best defense in baseball and the full season addition of Upton, Kinsler, Cozart and Ohtani to an offense that lacked firepower.

This x10. All while still having money left over for a bonafide closer or front/middle of the rotation starter. I've maintained since FA started that I want Richards to be our 3rd best pitcher. That may be a reality soon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Its the fact that he got all of this for much cheaper than expected.

Shohei Ohtani, Ian Kinsler, Jim Johnson, Kevin Maitan, and Livan Soto for Troy Montgomery, Wilkel Hernandez, and a total of 22 million. You make that deal every time. 

Yep!

He’s given himself a lot of flexibility for the next few years. 

Valbuena 7.5, Johnson 4.5, Kinsler 11 and Street’s 1 mill all coming off the book after this year. 

2B and Catcher will be our only everyday starter spots to fill next year and he’s still roughly 23 million under tax line right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, floplag said:

If the rotation lives up to promise, i agree, 90 is conservative at this point assuming a few stumbles

Scioscia is still the manager after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richards

Ohtani

Skaggs

Shoemaker

Bridwell

Heaney

Jc Ramirez

Tropeano

Barria

If we run a 6 man rotation while abusing the 10-day DL we could get by with 20-25 starts from our SPs. I think it would be wise to be cautious with all of their innings since pretty much they're all coming back from injury. At least 2 of these 9 will be hurt before the season, count on that. Barria will be in AAA to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Richards

Ohtani

Skaggs

Shoemaker

Bridwell

Heaney

Jc Ramirez

Tropeano

Barria

If we run a 6 man rotation while abusing the 10-day DL we could get by with 20-25 starts from our SPs. I think it would be wise to be cautious with all of their innings since pretty much they're all coming back from injury. At least 2 of these 9 will be hurt before the season, count on that. Barria will be in AAA to start.

Agreed!

Longevity and Health across a full season and our pitching staff have not gone hand in hand in a few seasons!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm not holding my breath on Jim Johnson. I think his regression was real last season.

I expect him to flame out pretty quickly.

Who cares if the money helped bring Ohtani.  Johnson could be released tomorrow and it would still have been a good trade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this