Sign in to follow this  
Lhalo

SpaceX Falcon Heavy Launch

41 posts in this topic

there was a point in time they were going to start doing shuttle launches from vandenburg, and i was really excited about that. nasa changed their minds for whatever reasons and it never happened.

if spacex starts launching from there, i'd try to find a way to go. that'd be pretty amazing.

Just watched it live. Pretty incredible as the boosters came back and landed perfectly. Not sure what happened to the core, it was supposed to land on a drone ship.

i grew up with the apollo program, and they were always spectacular to watch. but i have to tell you, watching the two side boosters come back and land at KSC? EFFIN' A, BUBBA!!! that was beyond cool.

and putting the spaceman in the car was just too brilliant. i was yelling in excitement at the screen watching all of this. thank goodness i have a free period right now or the kids would have me committed.

This was great. We planned our day around it. Way F'N amazing. NASA tv didnt broadcast it, and the major news TV channels barely covered it, which I don't really understand. This was a major milestone that essentially put NASA out of the space launch business. The dual 1st stage landing was right out of Buck Rogers.

I'm still buzzed by it.

this was so much fun to watch so i decided to show the simulation video to both of my 8th grade classes this afternoon. one of them really liked it and who knows how the other class felt. we had a good discussion about it with the one class.

i'd like to get more info on the car and how it's being guided. i'm also fairly confident that KLAA 830 comes in clearer on that car radio than it does here in glendale.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

this was so much fun to watch so i decided to show the simulation video to both of my 8th grade classes this afternoon. one of them really liked it and who knows how the other class felt. we had a good discussion about it with the one class.

i'd like to get more info on the car and how it's being guided. i'm also fairly confident that KLAA 830 comes in clearer on that car radio than it does here in glendale.

and its second stage—the bit with the Tesla in tow—continue on into space. There, its engines will shut off and then, after a six-hour coast, restart to push the Tesla into an elliptical orbit between Earth and Mars. The car will join the planets and comets and everything else in their steady march around the sun. Over time, the car’s orbit is expected to bring it closer to Mars, which is what Musk means when he says he’s sending his car to the planet.

BTW the stereo is playing David Bowie at full volume.

the perfect crime...

Police: where's the body Elon?

Elon: what body?

Police: Don't play dumb Elon...where is the body?

Elon: Come on guys...what body...what do you think I did, built a rocket company so I could launch a car with a "fake astronaut" to try and hide a body?

Edited by red321

It's cool to see the booster landings from videos that average Joe's took. In just about every one I've seen you can hear everyone cheering in the background. I might have to travel over there to check one of these out.

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I don't think Tank's new diet allows him to eat binoculars anymore

i can only eat the disposable ones now and only if it has less than 12g carbs.

the difficulty lies in finding a grocery store that carries binoculars made out of cauliflower.

Edited by Tank