Sign in to follow this  
NJHalo

2018 NFL Draft

136 posts in this topic

No idea how the draft will turn out and I like that because it seems more unpredictable than any recent draft and it's kind of boring when you know how the first 2-3 picks will go.  There's no consensus #1 pick yet there's 5-6 QB's who could go in rd 1 and teams will always overpay for a QB.  Buffalo or Arizona seem to be popular choices to move up and I think teams in the 6-10 range benefit the most because non-QB's fall or they acquire more picks from a team wanting to move up.   

chiefs don't have a 1st because of mahomes last year. doubt they move up....no need to.

probably will check in to see what's happening between episodes of family matters.

Seems like Darnold would be the slam dunk pick for the Browns at #1.  He's 3 years younger than Baker Mayfield, and does the things you want your QB to do (mainly not saying or doing stupid shit).  Unless they are trading out of #1, that's my bet.

I'll be paying attention to see what lands at the Chargers feet at #17.  DON'T TRADE UP!  If someone like Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Minkah F or Derwin James falls into your lap, run to the podium for the pick.  But, if there are a cluster of players available at 17 (DT's Vea, Payne, or Bryan; LB's Vander Esch  or Evans; OT McGlinchey), I'd be happy trading back into the low 20's and picking up another 2nd round pick, especially if someone like Josh Rosen starts to fall and someone wants to trade up for him.

2 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Seems like Darnold would be the slam dunk pick for the Browns at #1.  He's 3 years younger than Baker Mayfield, and does the things you want your QB to do (mainly not saying or doing stupid shit).  Unless they are trading out of #1, that's my bet.

You really don't want your qb throwing interceptions and fumbling the ball.

4 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Great trade. Had to get ahead Miami. They had multiple 3Rds and a 5th for a potential franchise qb 

I agree. 

It's also a good place for Rosen. Thank God he didn't go to the Bills

I guess the Allen tweet scandal is dead. Nobody cares what goes on in Buffalo.

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

The Bruin who has surprised me the most is Kolton Miller. He crushed it at the combine and may now go in the 1st round.

He will. Everyone saying New England at 23. He’s a Nate solder clone 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

The Bruin who has surprised me the most is Kolton Miller. He crushed it at the combine and may now go in the 1st round.

Good call.