Sign in to follow this  
Angels_Make_Me_Drink

Question re: cord cutting

155 posts in this topic

Psvue has a special today on the core package at $34.99 for next 2 months. That package includes the sports channels. Supposedly if you already have the core package, you just need to manage your subscriptions, deactivate it then reactivate it. Can't confirm that it worked, but did it anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tank said:

okay, dumb question . . . but do you have to have a PS3 or PS4 to be able to get PSVue?

go gently on me, boys.

No, it's compatible with the Roku's, etc.

Some even like the picture/guide format better on the non-PS devices.

Edited by Brandon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2018 at 12:04 PM, Brandon said:

I didn’t like DirecTV Now when I had it.

For the multiple device issue, try different devices. Vue allows up to five, but they need to be different. I have one room off a PS4 and another of a Roku premium. That also frees up iPad and mobile devices.

 

On 6/15/2018 at 9:50 PM, calscuf said:

PS Vue requires each device to be different?  That’s odd.

Negative. I have 3 Apple TV’s hooked up to my PS Vue account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LHalo said:

 

Negative. I have 3 Apple TV’s hooked up to my PS Vue account.

Did they change it? (Obviously)

When I first bought it they made distinct reference to the amount of in-home devices and how to setup 5 tv's. Looks like they did change it, but I still don't get it because of the other devices that can be used. But it doesn't say one of each device like it used to:

 

 

HOW MANY DEVICES CAN I STREAM PLAYSTATION™VUE ON AT ONCE?

A single PlayStation™Vue account can simultaneously stream PlayStation™Vue on up to five devices at a given time. The number of streams supported on specific devices will vary based on the following rules:

When you first subscribe, you’ll have access to three simultaneous streams, both in-home and out-of-home. After you set your home device, you’ll receive two additional streams to use in-home, for a total of up to five simultaneous streams in-home, within the guidelines below. Note:  you can only have one home device set at a time. You can set or change your home device up to three times.

Whether or not you set your home device, you can stream on three devices out-of-home.

Only one PS4™ console and two PS3™ consoles can be used at a given time (i.e. you cannot stream PS Vue on two PS4™ consoles at any given time, but one PS4™ system and one PS3™ console can be used at the same time).

Mobile devices, like supported iOS, Android, and web browser on a computer, can be used for up to three simultaneous mobile streams. Note: 

NFL games airing on channels other than ABC or ESPN are not available live on mobile phones but can be viewed on a tablet and can be cast to Chromecast from a mobile phone. NFL games may not be available for out-of-home streaming. NFL Network, however, is available on a mobile phone.

Some mobile content availability restrictions apply when you are outside your home.

The same blackout rules apply on a supported mobile phone, tablet, and computer browser as they do on PlayStation™Vue on a TV-connected device.

Other supported devices like Amazon Fire TV, Roku® players, Apple TV®, and Android TV can also be used for simultaneous streams within the limit of five streams total.

If you reach a streaming limit, sign out of PlayStation™Vue on one of your devices, wait five minutes, and then sign in on the new device.

Need help setting up your device on PlayStation™Vue? Visit device activation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had the FireTV Cube for just over a week to get an accurate review. 

The Good:

-Set up if quick and easy. It just asked for the make of my TV and quickly found the IR settings.

-IR receiver is legit. All I have to say it "Alex, turn on TV" and the TV, Soundbar and FireTV all turn on. Even with the TV off I can say "Alexa, turn on Playstation Vue". TV turns on with PSVue loading. 

- Volume Control, Mute, Play, Pause all are voice activated. I find myself using the Volume voice commands often.

- When I ask it to play songs, it automatically plays through theTV speakers. 

The Bad:
- Processor is freaking SLOW. Getting to the guide and loading up apps lags. My PSVue has a slight glitch on playback. There is no Ethernet port, but that's not the issue.

Final Review:
I have a FireTV2 and now find myself going back to that for live streaming. The processor is better and much quicker. I use the cube for music, Netflix and TV voice recognition. Amazon not using the FireTV2 processor and Ethernet is a huge mistake. If you already have the FireTV2, you will not be happy with the cube.

If you are using a RokuStick, FireStick or FireTV3 (same processor as the cube), then this will be an upgrade. Because of the sluggish performace, I give the Cube a 6/10. Although Amazon only sells the FireTV2 as refurbished, that is still the best FireTV product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

I've had the FireTV Cube for just over a week to get an accurate review. 

The Good:

-Set up if quick and easy. It just asked for the make of my TV and quickly found the IR settings.

-IR receiver is legit. All I have to say it "Alex, turn on TV" and the TV, Soundbar and FireTV all turn on. Even with the TV off I can say "Alexa, turn on Playstation Vue". TV turns on with PSVue loading. 

- Volume Control, Mute, Play, Pause all are voice activated. I find myself using the Volume voice commands often.

- When I ask it to play songs, it automatically plays through theTV speakers. 

The Bad:
- Processor is freaking SLOW. Getting to the guide and loading up apps lags. My PSVue has a slight glitch on playback. There is no Ethernet port, but that's not the issue.

Final Review:
I have a FireTV2 and now find myself going back to that for live streaming. The processor is better and much quicker. I use the cube for music, Netflix and TV voice recognition. Amazon not using the FireTV2 processor and Ethernet is a huge mistake. If you already have the FireTV2, you will not be happy with the cube.

If you are using a RokuStick, FireStick or FireTV3 (same processor as the cube), then this will be an upgrade. Because of the sluggish performace, I give the Cube a 6/10. Although Amazon only sells the FireTV2 as refurbished, that is still the best FireTV product.

Good to know. Thanks for the review.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got FireTV a few weeks ago, and installed Terrarium. Thanks @Lou for the recommendation. Holy smokes, awesome app! Started Game of Thrones a few days ago (hello 2011!) After GoT, Billions is on the list, and then I will catch up on all the good movies I've missed the last few years. 

Terrarium seems to play fine, although there's some buffering issues. Not terrible, but it buffers for a second or less every 5 minutes or so. A little annoying, but I can't complain because I get to watch new movie releases. Anyone else have problems? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Terrarium TV just about everyday. Here is my advice to prevent buffering. You should get through a movie/episode with minimal to zero buffering.

1. When searching, it will sort the highest def on top. So selecting the first option always isn't best. I typically select the 720p or HD. Rarely do I select the top feed.

2. After selecting the feed, it should take seconds to start playing. If the initial buffer takes longer than 5 seconds, go back and try a different feed.

3. Your ISP could be throttling your speed. If I forget to turn on my VPN, I notice more frequent buffering. The moment I turn it on, problem solved. Just go to fast.com to check your speed. Check your speed while running Terrarium or any streaming service.

4. If possible, hardwire your streaming device with ethernet. If not, make sure to run off a 5G wifi network. 

Hope some of this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

I use Terrarium TV just about everyday. Here is my advice to prevent buffering. You should get through a movie/episode with minimal to zero buffering.

1. When searching, it will sort the highest def on top. So selecting the first option always isn't best. I typically select the 720p or HD. Rarely do I select the top feed.

2. After selecting the feed, it should take seconds to start playing. If the initial buffer takes longer than 5 seconds, go back and try a different feed.

3. Your ISP could be throttling your speed. If I forget to turn on my VPN, I notice more frequent buffering. The moment I turn it on, problem solved. Just go to fast.com to check your speed. Check your speed while running Terrarium or any streaming service.

4. If possible, hardwire your streaming device with ethernet. If not, make sure to run off a 5G wifi network. 

Hope some of this helps!

How do you setup the VPN with this?

I installed and setup everything last weekend. I bought a VPN, but don't know if it is working properly with the FS.

Also, how often do you wait with new movies? I was looking to watch the new Sicario and Mission Impossible, but they don't have good feeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to install the app for the VPN. Since the FS uses Android software, most major VPN companies have an app. Search for the VPN app. When installed, you should be able to turn the VPN on/off. You should also download the VPN on your phone/computer. It also works on your phone if your phone provider is throttling you or being throttled on your home wifi.

For movies, I don't watch any if they are still in theatres. It's always horrible. But the moment the DVD is officially released, a solid feed is up in about a day. Big movies you can almost instantly find them. If Terrarium doesn't have it, then Kodi usually does. I just prefer the user interface of Terrarium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, ok. I guess I did it correctly. I have it on my laptop and my phone. Didn't know if I needed to do anything with the router.

Gotcha. I've just been using Terrarium for now. It was easy to install and use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a firestick already.  How much of a difference is there between the Firestick and Fire TV when it comes to processing speed/hardware?  I find that my firestick buffers quite a bit when I'm on Terrarium.  I pay for pretty decent speed...Comcast 150 mbps.  Is buffering just part of the deal and I won't get rid of it, or should I upgrade to the FireTV and that will minimize the buffering further?  Anyone have thoughts?

I'd also love to get Youtube TV but that app isn't offered on Amazon devices.  Anyone know if that will ever (read Soon?) be available on Fire products or if I'll just have to get a chrome device if I want to go that direction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The firetv is $35 and much better than the stick. If you stream a lot, it's a must upgrade over the stick.

As for YouTube TV and Amazon, I wouldn't expect their stupid war to end anytime soon. The current Firetv line is fully capable when it gets resolved.

Regarding the terrarium buffering, read my post above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with the stick that you seem to have, but was just posting the special for those interested - there may be people interested in buying something that is mobile, for example.

Also, the Fire TV that is on special is the 4K, which has received negative reviews and requires you to purchase a $15 Ethernet adapter if you youre looking to get away from utilizing it via wifi connection. It also lacks the sd port that was available in the Fire TV2, which gets better user reviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options