Sign in to follow this  
Angels_Make_Me_Drink

Question re: cord cutting

155 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

I have a firestick already.  How much of a difference is there between the Firestick and Fire TV when it comes to processing speed/hardware?  I find that my firestick buffers quite a bit when I'm on Terrarium.  I pay for pretty decent speed...Comcast 150 mbps.  Is buffering just part of the deal and I won't get rid of it, or should I upgrade to the FireTV and that will minimize the buffering further?  Anyone have thoughts?

I'd also love to get Youtube TV but that app isn't offered on Amazon devices.  Anyone know if that will ever (read Soon?) be available on Fire products or if I'll just have to get a chrome device if I want to go that direction?

Terrarium Tips:

Re: Buffering

• clear cache via Settings (I do this often)
  • download CLEAN MASTER app (ditto)
  • download BACKGROUND APPS & PROCESS LIST app. This allows you to see all apps that are running while trying to use Terrarium. Close all other apps (except media players) and Clear Cache. DO NOT CLEAR DATA or you will lose  Favorites, etc. ( I do this before I use Terrarium - every time)

i would also recommend backing up your setup, favorites and watched episodes via SETTINGS. This will help in case you delete the app for some reason. If this happens, all you need to do is reinstall Terrarium and restore your data. 

Firetv 2 is the ultimate fire device. But it's $100 and rarely available on Amazon. I have a Firetv3 (4k) on a Tv that doesn't have the Ethernet adapter. It streams fine. The negative revie2ws are from people comparing the firetv2 to the firetv3. The firetv3 at $35 is better than the stick at $20.

if you can stream on the FT3 you can stream on the FS. the only difference is a 1.5Ghz processor vs a 1.3  

if someone is having a problem streaming, the adaptor is a must.

also, unplugging the connection on the back of the tv for about  10 seconds and/or restarting the device helps.

8 hours ago, mancini79 said:

The firetv is $35 and much better than the stick. If you stream a lot, it's a must upgrade over the stick.

As for YouTube TV and Amazon, I wouldn't expect their stupid war to end anytime soon. The current Firetv line is fully capable when it gets resolved.

Regarding the terrarium buffering, read my post above.

I'll have to look into the FireTV2 that Lou mentioned.  I do already have a VPN, but should double verify that it is running.  Thanks for the heads up.

What about this Fire Cube?  Any benefit to that vs. the Fire TV?

I am disappointed in the cube performance. I run the firetv2 and use the voice commands on the cube to control volume/turn off TV. Get a firetv2 before a cube. Amazon screwed up by not putting the guts of the Firetv2 in the cube.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Why is it shutting down?  Also now @Lou will have to give us all a heads up on what is next.

There has been a huge crackdown on free streaming. A kodi box company got hit with a $25mil lawsuit. Shortly after Terrarium announces a shutdown.

On 9/12/2018 at 6:34 PM, mancini79 said:

Cable bill? Should I also be paying for the milk man, phone land line and developed film?

Thanks for reminding me. I have to go pick up my pictures.

This_is_a_typical_drive-up_Fotomat_booth..jpg

1 hour ago, Lou said:

I'm using Terrarium right now. 

I thought it would run through September and then be shut down.  Keep us posted on what the next great thing will be in free movies and tv.  After, of course, your jaunt to the Fotomat and picking up something good from the Pup N' Taco.

7 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

I thought it would run through September and then be shut down.  Keep us posted on what the next great thing will be in free movies and tv.  After, of course, your jaunt to the Fotomat and picking up something good from the Pup N' Taco.

I think he'd rather go to Pioneer Chicken or Naugles.