Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

1,014 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

???  I read that the St Louis pick was ours unless it's a top 10 pick.

Top 20 pick is what I have heard.  The top 10 is between St Louis and Buffalo.  If the pick becomes top 10, then Buffalo gets 2020 1st round pick.  

The best the late first pick can get is #20 pick if that picks spot finishes exactly at #20, thats a decent late 1st when considering that will be higher than any of the 1sts moved at the deadline.

However SJ pick could fall to #23 since Erik Karlsson appears to be shutdown right now & if they exit the playoffs within 2 rounds it should stay where it is.

Still nice insurance on the SJ pick if STL can finish at #20 to #23 as i think its most likely the SJ pick will be #25 to 27.

So the only games the Ducks should win is vs SJ & lose the rest of their games. Losing to STL was huge in both boosting the Ducks chances at moving back into #4 pick pre-lottery & helping STL get back towards #20, their now at #19 & another few wins they will be back at #20

Tankathon.com has a lottery simulator.  I've tried it maybe 30 times, and I'd say 80% of the time, we drop in orders.  Only once did I get first pick.  And I think 2 times got second pick.  I've seen Florida jump like 1 million spots followed by Columbus getting the #1 pick more often than I saw the Ducks get the #1 pick.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:04 PM, gotbeer said:

Tankathon.com has a lottery simulator.  I've tried it maybe 30 times, and I'd say 80% of the time, we drop in orders.  Only once did I get first pick.  And I think 2 times got second pick.  I've seen Florida jump like 1 million spots followed by Columbus getting the #1 pick more often than I saw the Ducks get the #1 pick.

I just ran it once, and predicted the Ducks getting first overall, and 20th overall (from STL).

Basically the absolute best case scenario.

So it's a lock! Plan the parade.

Well, I guess the Ducks said F U to the Canadians too.  Hope this shattered them enough to knock them out of a playoff spot.  They should have traded with us.

As a Ducks fan, this is just so depressing to watch.

Like I've said, if we finish with a 10+ draft pick, they should fire Murray. This is not Lala land. You have to take the draft pick you deserve. When's the last time the Ducks got a top 5 pick. Get your f'ing pick Murray.

3 hours ago, deepdrive said:

As a Ducks fan, this is just so depressing to watch.

Like I've said, if we finish with a 10+ draft pick, they should fire Murray. This is not Lala land. You have to take the draft pick you deserve. When's the last time the Ducks got a top 5 pick. Get your f'ing pick Murray.

Right now, we are at #5.  New Jersey is 4 points worse than us.  But there is a logjam 1 and 2 points behind us.  We could in a snap go from 5 to 9.  Colorado is still 5 points out of us.  

The good news is, we've played 73 games.  New Jersey is at 72 games.  And those trailing us are at 71 and 70 games.  

9 games left.  2 against the kings.  Florida needs the win badly.  Winnipeg, Calgary x2, San Jose should roll us.  Vancouver and Edmonton should be rest days for our guys.