Sign in to follow this  
gotbeer

Supreme Court decision of the day

274 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Articles that don't actually state what the court ruled on is really becoming a pet peeve of mine. It's the journalistic equivalent of half-assing a 6th grade book report.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

34531461_465717203865200_585126899801600

Lol!

At least the link I had above for NBC used narrowly correctly.   In that the ruling's scope was narrow.  

But yeah.  The first time I read it, I had to reread it.  

Edited by gotbeer

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Supreme Court gives Ohio right to purge thousands of voters from its rolls

Thoughts?  Sounds like in this case, Ohio is no activity in 2 years, then you get a warning to respond or get dropped, then dropped 4 years after that with no response.  

I don't think this will suppress minority votes like the left would have you believe. Is voting the most difficult obstacle for minorities these days? I do think it's stupid to drop someone from the voter rolls just because they chose not to vote in 2 years.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think this will suppress minority votes like the left would have you believe. Is voting the most difficult obstacle for minorities these days? I do think it's stupid to drop someone from the voter rolls just because they chose not to vote in 2 years.

It's not 2 years, it's 6 years.  

Also, if I remember correctly.  In Calolfornia, if you miss 2 ballots in a row, you get dropped from the vote by mail.  They may have changed it though.  But that's what it was a few years ago.